Dhanistha-New Indian-Srilankan restaurant

kiran

Re-visited this lovely resaturant last night and I had to post again that we had another fab meal. The food is fabulous, my ocean soup starter was fantastic, great service, excellent value for money. They still need to sort out the wine menu, lighting and slightly grubby toilets, but it is so worth a visit for such fabulous authentic food !!

I'm not really bothered about the lighting and toilets, its the food what counts. I cant keep away from this place, since its been open I've put about half a stone on and my jeans are a little tighter.

The restaurant in purely physical terms gets a little better as time goes on, just a work in progress. The staff are really good and much more personable than many other places we have in Sheffield.

Hi, looking for authentic Sri Lankan food, are there any other restaurants in Sheffield as this seems to have mixed reviews?

There's the East-West take away - also on Abbeydale Rd - that does South Indian food but thats your lot in Sheffield I'm afraid.. the vast bulk of "Indian" places in Sheffield tend to be either Bangladeshi or Kashmiri run ( although I *think* Nirmals & Ashoka are Indian run) doing the usual variations on british versions of north indian food.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have posted before about this place, but I really wanted to say again how fab it is. Went again last night and the food just seems to get better. Things seem a lot more organised now, obviously well over their teething troubles. Food was inspiring, very well cooked, really different and totally delicious, oh, nearly forgot.....cheap......fab, love this place !!

• 1 month later...
Nice one for the voucher although I dont really mind paying full price! Went in yesterday for my tea and good as ever. They are planning to start opening 7 days soon too.

Yeah - to be fair even when paying full price there the food is excellent value for money.

Archived