Anybody been to America?

If you don't like America, don't go there. I'm sure they will get over it.

I have a house in Florida, a house in Mississippi, a house in Germany and a house somewhere else.

I worked hard, I saved my money and I bought those houses. My choice.

Anytime YOU want to buy 4 houses, go ahead and do it. Nobody will stop you.

But nobody will give you a house for free either (unless you live in the UK.)

I have been to the USA a couple of times.

I went to Arizona to see an English friend and met loads of US citicens who were cool.

A sweeping statement, but they haven't a clue what is going on in the rest of the world. (yes I am open to trolls but I'm not bothered)

I bought a paper over there and at around page "27" yhere was "World news"

Around 12 years ago "we" invaded Iraq. it was war. THEY had no, absouleteley, NO idea!!!!!!!!!

We turn on Yorkshire TV and think we Know it all.

Does anybody look out of the box?

USA must be bigger than Europe. Or maybe of equal size.

I care for little about what is happening in most European countries let alone outside it, unless some country wants to declare war on us, or their economy affects ours.

What paper did you buy? Was it local or national?

Take a look at 'world news' in the Sheffield Star. It's about 1/12th of one page.

If it was national, take a look at some of our national papers, there is little about world affairs unless they are important.

Seems like a pointless thread to me. But, fair enough.

I've been there myself and I liked it, so much so, I'm going again in 2 months. :)

I care for little about what is happening in most European countries let alone outside it, unless some country wants to declare war on us, or their economy affects ours.

What paper did you buy? Was it local or national?

Take a look at 'world news' in the Sheffield Star. It's about 1/12th of one page.

If it was national, take a look at some of our national papers, there is little about world affairs unless they are important.

Seems like a pointless thread to me. But, fair enough.

I've been there myself and I liked it, so much so, I'm going again in 2 months. :)

You mean the Sun and the News of the Screws dont carry world news?

I am shocked :o

They're very comparable in terms of geographical size. Europe has about double the population. Even so, with the USA having a population of approximately 300 million to itself, your points are all good ones. An American whose geography is good for an area the size of Europe but no bigger, will only know about his own country; whereas a European in the same position would know his entire continent.

If you don't like America, don't go there. I'm sure they will get over it.

I have a house in Florida, a house in Mississippi, a house in Germany and a house somewhere else.

I worked hard, I saved my money and I bought those houses. My choice.

Anytime YOU want to buy 4 houses, go ahead and do it. Nobody will stop you.

But nobody will give you a house for free either (unless you live in the UK.)

Is any part of this relevant to the OP or any subsequent comments?

Archived