England best in The World

Can anyone defy this?

If not why not?

Why does everyone want to be English,or to to have an English nationality.

All expats wish they had never left

And all asians wish they had been born here.

Apart from our being the best people in the world, what makes us better than all others?

If england was a woman one could use her and abuse her all day long so in that respect yes she would be the best :)

Can anyone defy this?

If not why not?

Apart from our being the best people in the world, what makes us better than all others?

what a load of self serving generalising crap

you know ALL expats want to come back?

you know ALL asians want to come here?

what about those people fed up of our system (debts, taxes, rules and regulations etc) that want to leave here?

buck, harleyman and poppins don't want to be english and wish they were still here. In fact they're trying to keep it quiet that they ever were. oh, wait ... I blew their cover. D'oh! ;)
Oh dear, our secrets out. Where's me flat hat, me Wednesday scarf, me pit boots. I'll be able to get Henderson's relish again even if it doesn't taste as good as Lea and Perrins. Off ter t' Peak District to picnic in Chatsworth Park with 20000 others, most of them smoking woodbines. ooh ar, and we can go off to Cleethorpes for the week so's missus can play bingo, and I can get sloshed. Ee bah gum, nowt better than Yorkshire puddin and black puddin.:)

Can anyone defy this?

If not why not?

I don't wish to be English - even though I've lived here for 40 years with an English husband. I've had British nationality all my life, but consider myself Scottish as thats where I was born, and although I had an English great grandmother, she's heavily outweighed by all my Scots ancestry.

How does one get English nationality? Is this something new? Look at your passport - it will say the same as mine in the 'nationality' bit. British. Not English, or Welsh or anything else.

My cousins who emigrated to America and New Zealand 40+ years ago have never suggested they wanted to return, ditto my OH's friend in Canada. They've all achieved a better standard of living than they might have had if they'd remained here.

I wonder how many people in Asia are thinking - I wish I'd been born in England? :huh: Especially not the Japanese - 'Japan has one of the highest average life expectancies and lowest levels of social problems among developed nations' from the excellent link in Chem1st's post: http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showpost.php?p=6507995&postcount=6

I really hope you don't actually believe what you put in the opening post.

Archived