Rave - Darnall area?

• 2 weeks later...

i cant believe you all heard it that far away and i was only using my small amplifiers (wait till i get my big ones out :) ) and the police generally let us carry them on as we dont cause a nuisence as they came that night 5 diff times just to check an probs cos they were bit bored and wanted to listen to some gd music :) keep ur ears open there may be a few more b4 the wet an cold weather kicks in :)

• 1 year later...

Dear readers, I am South Yorkshire Police's Inspector for the East area of Sheffield which includes the Attercliffe area. I would like to take this opportunity to provide a quick update for all those concerned.

On the night of the 14th to 15th of April we are aware of two events having taken place. The first was on Woodbourne Road (Attercliffe) the second was on Snow Lane (city centre). The one in Attercliffe was the first of it's type for several months. It was an unlicensed event of the type we had last summer and successfully stopped. Due to the location, which is quite isolated from residential properties, it's affects upon the public are very limited. However, these threads show that there is a problem for us to address with our partners. We will endeavour to resolve this problem.

The event on Snow Lane, which I think was the one which affected most people writing on this forum, was different in that it was a lawful event. It operated under a Temporary Event Notice, a license granted by the Licensing authorities. The concerns of the many people voiced in this way and to SYP have been passed to the council for their consideration, should there be another application for a future event. SYP Licensing team will work with their counterparts in the council, however, it is somewhat problematic legislation which requires evidence of criminal activity to oppose future applications. Noise disturbance is not criminal activity which does not help any of us. Work is on-going and update will be provided as soon as we are able to do so.

Thank-you

Paul Ferguson

paul.ferguson@southyorks.pnn.police.uk

Archived