Are Judges on the same planet as the rest of us?

When you post a link and use a thread title that says nothing, could you at least give us a clue what it's about to save us having to click on a link we're not interested in.

I thought that was a forum rule?

When you post a link and use a thread title that says nothing, could you at least give us a clue what it's about to save us having to click on a link we're not interested in.

I thought that was a forum rule?

It is a forum rule very lazy individual indeed

Maybe someone who is a contributor to our society should be treatd more leniently.

no, thats a slippery slope having one law for somebody and one for somebody else.

IF you make a mistake and end up killing somebody you take the consequences

Does anyone find it odd that luck has a lot to do with your sentence? For instance: Two young ladies Alice and Bertha get really drunk on an icy night and, stupidly, drive (separately) to their homes. They both end up skidding on the ice and crashing into a tree on their way. The only difference between their circumstances is that there was a 5 year old girl standing in front of Alice's tree when she crashed into it.

It seems to me that Alice and Bertha were acting equally irresponsibly, yet there will be a huge difference in punishment due to luck/unluck.

P.S. I'm not making an argument here, just an interesting observation! It raises the fundamental issue of what the purpose of punishment is.

Does anyone find it odd that luck has a lot to do with your sentence? For instance: Two young ladies Alice and Bertha get really drunk on an icy night and, stupidly, drive (separately) to their homes. They both end up skidding on the ice and crashing into a tree on their way. The only difference between their circumstances is that there was a 5 year old girl standing in front of Alice's tree when she crashed into it.

It seems to me that Alice and Bertha were acting equally irresponsibly, yet there will be a huge difference in punishment due to luck/unluck.

P.S. I'm not making an argument here, just an interesting observation! It raises the fundamental issue of what the purpose of punishment is.

indeed

some people instantly scream hang em etc when something happens

but theres always ifs and buts in all cases, barely anybodys born inherently evil.

people make mistakes, some people are luckier than others

Archived