Work problem, I need help

Heres the deal. I work for a large retail chain on the outskirts of Rotherham and there is a staff member who is for want of a better workd corrupt!

She is bullying junior members of staff into breaking the law and filling out finance applictions using false names. I want to report her but i dont want my friend to lose his job. Has anyone got any advice?

I want to clarify something. Is "your friend" the staff member doing the bullying, or one of the ones that has been bullied into committing illegal acts?

If you're trying to protect the bully, you will get no sympathy, but I suspect that the latter is the case.

Unfortunately, I still don't have good news. I would be prepared to bet that there are no written records of your friend ever having even been asked to commit an illegal act, let alone bullied into it; and I would bet, further, that if a police investigation takes place, the management of the company will not only fire your friend, but will hand him over to the CPS trussed up like a chicken, guilty of business fraud.

Morally, you should still report them anyway, but I can fully understand why you might decide not to given what is likely to happen to the person you actually care about.

To clarify my friend is the one being bullied by a senior member of staff who abuses her authority. You are quite right about there been no written proof that the senior staff member is involved in any way as she is far too clever for that.

Im concerned that when it does come to light the only one taking the fall will be my friend as he has put his name to a fraudulent application. Having said that if its stopped now then no one else (my friend included) will get dragged any deeper into her sordid dealings.

go to the police, explain matters and hope for the best. its certainly a better strategy than waiting for the police to come to them.

presumably it will be possible to follow the money back to the perpetrator.

of course, it would help if she can get some additional evidence against the real crook.

Report it, hopefully it will be able to be traced back to the original bully, but at the end of the day your friend has broken the law, and should have refused to do anything illegal and reported it in the first place.

If they dont report it and gets found out anyway (and they will) it'll be much worse.

Archived