£20 says the next boss of BP will be an american. any takers?

With the news that the boss of BP (the international oil company which is expected to announce profits of £6.6bn) is set to resign.

I would like to bet that the next boss will be an american.

This whole crisis has been used as an excuse for america to gain more influence over the international corporation which already employs more americans than it does brits.

Anyone want to take me up on this bet?

With the news that the boss of BP (the international oil company which is expected to announce profits of £6.6bn) is set to resign.

I would like to bet that the next boss will be an american.

This whole crisis has been used as an excuse for america to gain more influence over the international corporation which already employs more americans than it does brits.

Anyone want to take me up on this bet?

Nope, it'll be Bob Dudley who is now in charge of the clean-up operation.

oops! silly me! You were right to refuse, you would have almost certainly lost your money. The oil spill has been very fortuitous for the USA, if not for the unfortunate citizens caught up in it.

One could almost think .... well, better not say anything 8)

A AH! I smell onther conspirasy starting :suspect:

There was a segment on the news the other night with local business owners saying how all the activity to do with the capping and the news event has made them busier than ever. They seemed to be looking on the bright side. Although for the fishermen I don't suppose they are happy, as it won't have benefited them in any way, until the compo comes in.

If you look back in history, the treatment of BP by 'American' companies is very similar to how they merged a lot of their banks in the past and other businesses.

Make your competitor look bad. Make them look unstable, then buy up their assets at knock down prices.

It is a common tactic used by US companies but was copied from the UK back in the 1800’s. The only problem is, this seems to go to the top, where the president looks to be helping undermine BP for the benefit of US companies.

If Obama acts like this now, what does he do behind the scenes?

Archived