Rossi's italian resturaunt or not!

tigerblade

Went to Rossi's saturday night for our wedding aniversery. Absolutly discusted. Dont believe any of the rubbish on their web site, the food was second rate, soggy sea bass, £9 for a desert, irish coffee £7.50, bag of frozen onion rings from iceland on the windowsil in the kitchen, staff arguing amongst themselves, never again. Expected authentic italian food!!!!!!!

That's a shame as I've always rated Rossi's quite highly. Is it under new management or something? I haven't been for a couple of years, but it always struck me as being one of the better Italian restaurants in Sheffield, if only because it was the only one I knew of that served Vongole (my favourite dish) and used fresh clams.

We went last week and I have to say it wasn't THAT bad imo.

We had a starter each spare ribs and garlic bread with cheese and tomato, 2 mains both chicken dishes, other half had 2 pints and I large glass rose and a lemonade and it came to £50.

We were impressed with the starters but the main could have been better.

We probably would go again but think we'll try a few other places first.

It was packed and not a table free so I guess alot do like it here.

I've been a few times (as part of a family party etc.). I've not really enjoyed it.

It's far too noisy - the absence of carpets or soft furnishings makes the sound reverberate around the place, which gets really wearing after an hour or so. The food is O.K but vastly overpriced. I wouldn't choose to go there myself.

I've also been a few times, and can categorically say it was better 5 years ago... we went recently and I thought it was over priced rubbish... never going again. Zizzi on Leopold Square is a lot better and thats a big chain!

I really like that place opposite the Berkley Precinct on Ecclesall Road, but I can't for the life of me remember the name!

• 1 year later...

went to Rossi's on Saturday night for the first time.. we were seated at a very small table with paper napkins, handed menu's along with a dirty broken stand up plastic menu... when our food came there was hardly any space on the table to put it, the food its self was very over priced and very poor quality,I noticed one of the staff with a plate in each hand had the pepper mill under her arm (yuk) to save her going back for it, another staff came in hung up his coat and started serving food without even washing his hand , there is no standard of hygene at all in that place , one small electric fire by the door , Our night out was a total waste of money £60 , hence we wont be going again ,

Archived