Does this happen to girls in england?

Jeesus H, I thought it was going to be a joke about being flat chested.

What's wrong with people? Flattening a girl's breasts to make them unattractive to men..why don't they blind the men, they seem to be the problem!

Blind or bind?! Maybe they should just be fitted with a catheter and have their penises strapped up? Historically as we know, the onus has always been on women (evil temptresses that we are) to control men's natural urges, as they're all animals and incapable of restraint when confronted by a woman.

Blind or bind?! Maybe they should just be fitted with a catheter and have their penises strapped up? Historically as we know, the onus has always been on women (evil temptresses that we are) to control men's natural urges, as they're all animals and incapable of restraint when confronted by a woman.

I wonder what the outcome would have been for blokes if women had been the physically stronger sex...not good.

Well you wouldn't be wrong there would you Sherlock? If it is associated with religion then why is not happening all over the world to people who practice this faith.

I thought it was more prominent in African countries.

Probably is, they do tend to keep certain things under wraps ,so to speak

You don't believe genital mutilation exists because of multiculturism do you? If anything it will be responsible for eradicating it.

Unfortunately it won't.

Rather than saying: "Welcome to England, we hope you will be happy here and will be assimilated into our society" successive governments have (in effect) told people: "Welcome to England. You can ignore our culture and our customs. You do just as you did back home. - Anybody who comments about your failure to adapt to our way of life will be called a racist or - at the very least - a cultural imperialist. We in England do not want an inclusive society, we are quite happy to accept any number of cultures co-existing (perhaps sometimes better than others) side by side. Cultures which are equal but separate."

Then - when an aspect of one particular groups culture is found to be offensive - there is no effective way of dealing with it.

I find female genital mutilation extremely offensive. That's because of the set of values with which I was indoctrinated as a child.

Other people do not. Some of those people live among you and they see no reason why they should not behave in exactly the same manner as they did at home.

After all, isn't that the message you've been giving them for years?

For those who (like me) find FGM abhorrent, may I remind you of the usual answer to your culturally imperialistic attitude?

"They haven't really banned Christmas and it won't be compulsory for everybody."

Those who sponsored Apartheid in the UK (and Apartheid is the old name for multi-culturalism: 'Separate but equal') have a lot to answer for.

Archived