Does this happen to girls in england?

Genital mutilation?

Foot binding?

What fresh torment can we perpetrate on young girls?

How about breast ironing?

:o

what the?????????

when I read that the first time I thought you were joking. Seriously what is the problem with the human race:loopy:

Why is it always women doing it to women? Is it like child abuse (I know it is child abuse but I mean I guess british child abuse) where the abused is more likely to become an abuser.

although of the three footbinding/:gag:/or breast ironing, breast ironing would be my choice!

I wonder whether anything we think is acceptable now will be horrifying a few generations down the line?

(female genital mutilation)

Now its a school holiday parents can have this done to their young daughters so they have enough time to get better enough to walk, before school starts again.

I wanted to know if anyone knows if it happens in sheffield?

that is sick

Who do these mutilations, the parents of the girls or doctors?

No doctor with any self respect or decency should even consider carrying out such a procedure. In fact he or she should face criminal charges

If it's the parents and they are found out throw them in jail for cruelty and child abuse and put the girl in a foster home

That kind of culture has no place in a first world country

No doctor with any self respect or decency should even consider carrying out such a procedure. In fact he or she should face criminal charges

If it's the parents and they are found out throw them in jail for cruelty and child abuse and put the girl in a foster home

and yet around 2000 girls in the uk will have it done during the summer holidays:huh:

and yet around 2000 girls in the uk will have it done during the summer holidays:huh:

So if the government are aware of this practice why not pass laws to stop it possibly under the "Child abuse and cruelty laws' or something like that with imprisonment being the punishment for parents who violate the law

People could be made aware of the law through the usual media outlets and any doctors who carry out the procedure losing their licenses

So if the government are aware of this practice why not pass laws to stop it possibly under the "Child abuse and cruelty laws' or something like that with imprisonment being the punishment for parents who violate the law

People could be made aware of the law through the usual media outlets and any doctors who carry out the procedure losing their licenses

It is against the law, it's just that there seems to be a reluctance to investigate and prosecute.

Some Harley Street doctors will perform FGM, for a substantial fee, I read this years ago when the whole issue first appeared on the feminist agenda, so don't know if I'll be able to find a link or if this is still current. There was a huge furore as at one time when Ken Livingstone (when he was MP for Brent) was advocating the use of clinics for FGM where it could be performed under sterile (and therefore safer) conditions.

Otherwise, in this country from what I gather, 'cutters' are flown in from abroad or female community elders will do it.

Some Harley Street doctors will perform FGM, for a substantial fee, I read this years ago when the whole issue first appeared on the feminist agenda, so don't know if I'll be able to find a link or if this is still current. There was a huge furore as at one time when Ken Livingstone (when he was MP for Brent) was advocating the use of clinics for FGM where it could be performed under sterile (and therefore safer) conditions.

Otherwise, in this country from what I gather, 'cutters' are flown in from abroad or female community elders will do it.

and what happens to the girl if its not done?

I believe in the Stuart Mills 'Harm Principle' (I posted a long reply about this earlier but it seems to have disappeared :suspect: and I can't be bothered to retype it all in full).

I couldn't care less what cultural values people wish to retain provided that they do not harm anyone else. Some things are universally wrong and should not be tolerated and as far as I'm concerned, this is one of them.

That's what I said in another thread, Suffragette, and I was dismissed as a "deist handwaver" for holding that opinion.

and what happens to the girl if its not done?

There's plenty of posts on here which already address that. To reiterate, she is basically not considered to be 'marriageable' as she will be unable to prove her hitherto chaste state and is also deemed to be unclean.

Archived