Does this happen to girls in england?

I've never heard of this before, it's awful. Poor girls.

In one of the links it says FGM is sometimes reffered to as Female Circumcision, i was wondering if anybody knows why male circumcision is legal but this isn't. I'm NOT saying that it should be made legal, just wondering why one is and one isn't??

don't know ,but don't worry, the resident bleeding hearts will be along shortly to tell you how your depriving them of their rights by not allowing them to have it done ,and your really just a closet racist for questioning it:)

..people seem to be relaxed about the ritual circumcision of male babies in the Muslim and Jewish faiths for purely religious reasons, perhaps we should learn to be even handed with our indignation.

I've never heard of this before, it's awful. Poor girls.

In one of the links it says FGM is sometimes reffered to as Female Circumcision, i was wondering if anybody knows why male circumcision is legal but this isn't. I'm NOT saying that it should be made legal, just wondering why one is and one isn't??

Although I don't think it's a good thing to do to a baby and things can go badly wrong anyway, there are medical reasons for later male circumcision. After all, it is merely the removal of a small piece of loose skin and doesn't interfere with basic function in any major way.

..people seem to be relaxed about the ritual circumcision of male babies in the Muslim and Jewish faiths for purely religious reasons, perhaps we should learn to be even handed with our indignation.

You are stirring the pot again bf.

They're hardly even handed in their effects, are they? I think no amount of 'indignation' would be sufficient to be shown towards this cultural practice of taking away all sexual pleasure from females and handing them lifelong pain and disfigurement in return. :mad:

Having a little bit of loose skin snipped off pales in comparison, although I don't agree the reasoning behind that either, medical reasons notwithstanding.

You are stirring the pot again bf.

It's a legitimate point, that relates to a double standard. Female circumcision is rightly condemned without much need for a deep analysis of the cultural reasons for it.

However performing unnecessary surgery on young males purely for religious/cultural reasons seems to be an accepted part of our culture and has been for many years.

They're hardly even handed in their effects, are they? I think no amount of 'indignation' would be sufficient to be shown towards this cultural practice of taking away all sexual pleasure from females and handing them lifelong pain and disfigurement in return. :mad:

Having a little bit of loose skin snipped off pales in comparison, although I don't agree the reasoning behind that either, medical reasons notwithstanding.

So would you be relaxed about female circumcision if it didn't interfere with the females sexual pleasure?

I was thinking that myself.

I couldn’t even watch those links, barbaric isn’t the word haven’t they heard of anaesthetics.

Archived