Speed Cameras To Be Switched Off Due To Spending Cuts.

All 72 fixed speed cameras in Oxfordshire are likely to be switched off due to government spending cuts ,and this move could be repeated all over the country.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/jul/25/speed-cameras-safety-warnings-oxford

I think this is a fantastic move for every driver in the country.

These cameras are just revenue generators , and there to fleece the already taxed to death motorists.

come on Sheffield council , follow the lead of Oxfordshire ,and for once do the right thing and get rid of these yellow menaces.

Fine. I've already been offered a contract to replace the 'camera shot' with a laser incapacitator which will (in the event that anybody passes an incapacitated camera at a speed in excess of 10% +2mph screwup your car.

I can do it.

Money for old rope. and when your car is screwed up, I'll make a fortune out of the 'reset charge'

as we are short of cash, they should be switching more on

Exactly! The country is broke, how is switching off a 'revenue generator' as the op calls them a good move? Surely more of them, raising more money from drivers who either can't read or don't know their highway code would be a good move. It's an idiot tax, that is completely unavoidable.

Fine. I've already been offered a contract to replace the 'camera shot' with a laser incapacitator which will (in the event that anybody passes an incapacitated camera at a speed in excess of 10% +2mph screwup your car.

I can do it.

Money for old rope. and when your car is screwed up, I'll make a fortune out of the 'reset charge'

And who would i sue for criminal damage then?

All 72 fixed speed cameras in Oxfordshire are likely to be switched off due to government spending cuts ...

...These cameras are just revenue generators

Contradictory statements. If they made money instead of costing money, then spending cuts would lead to more of them.

All 72 fixed speed cameras in Oxfordshire are likely to be switched off due to government spending cuts ,and this move could be repeated all over the country.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/jul/25/speed-cameras-safety-warnings-oxford

I think this is a fantastic move for every driver in the country.

These cameras are just revenue generators , and there to fleece the already taxed to death motorists.

come on Sheffield council , follow the lead of Oxfordshire ,and for once do the right thing and get rid of these yellow menaces.

About time should get rid of all the sneaky anpr camera's they have put up on every road hanging on lamp posts so certain folk can go about their business witout the police picking them up at various points

If you get done on a big yellow camera with like 5 signs leading upto it who's the mug? You or the government? 7 Years of driving quickly but safely and this shows as I have never been done for speeding by a yellow camera. While I don't like them I prefer them to the sneaky copper who waits behind a bush and jumps out with his mobile camera at midnight so he can catch you speeding down an unposted dual carriageway.

Archived