Speed Cameras To Be Switched Off Due To Spending Cuts.

It's a revenue tax in the same way that fines for urinating in the street are a revenue tax. All this load of old trousers from Philip Hammond, the Transport Secretery and convicted speeder about "ending the war on motorists" is depressing and scarily ignorant.

Boy racers will go back to using public roads as their own personal racetrack.

There doesn't even have to be a death or someone put in a wheel chair for speeding to be aggressive, anti-social and threatening.

Too many people think the law shouldn't apply to them if they haven't killed anyone yet. If you decide that you think it is safe to drive at 35 mph where the legal limit is 30, you shouldn't complain about being fined! I bet those people who drive off-road bikes near you don't believe they are going to kill anyone either!

Reading some of his previous posts it's striking how draconian Dogs of War is when it comes to people breaking the law, he turns into a liberal however when the law applies to himself.

Ouch! Bet that hurt DofW. :hihi:

To ask that question in the context of spindrifts original post, you should really say "have you broken the speed limit, then complained when you got fined"

To answer the question as you asked it - yes, i have travelled faster than the speed limit - on rollercoasters, on private land, in an aeroplane etc etc

:roll:

Just for you then, I'll rephrase the question. Have you ever driven a car faster than the speed limit set for that road?

Whilst your trying to be clever, what's the speed limit on private land, in an aeroplane and on a roller coaster? I'm intrigued how you have travelled faster than the speed limit on these things.

All 72 fixed speed cameras in Oxfordshire are likely to be switched off due to government spending cuts ,and this move could be repeated all over the country.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/jul/25/speed-cameras-safety-warnings-oxford

I think this is a fantastic move for every driver in the country.

These cameras are just revenue generators , and there to fleece the already taxed to death motorists.

come on Sheffield council , follow the lead of Oxfordshire ,and for once do the right thing and get rid of these yellow menaces.

Bout time, we can only live in hope that "safety" "camera partnerships" in and around Sheffield will dissolve and follow suit in ridding us of these draconian machines.

sPEEDING IS A CRIMINAL OFFENCE. wHY WOULD ANYONE OPPOSE CATCHING CRIMINALS?

tOO MANY LILY-LIVERED BLEEDING HEART WISHY WASHY NAMBY PAMBY LEFTIES OFFERING APOLOGIES FOR CRIMINALS ON THIS THREAD.

WHOOPS CAPS.

How must it feel to live in a world where you are perfect I wonder...?

Are you saying you have never travelled faster than the speed limit set on a road?

Archived