Speed Cameras To Be Switched Off Due To Spending Cuts.

No its the drivers that cause accidents.

I think you will find a speed camera just sits there. It doesn't jump out in the middle of the road does it.

Maintain your speed within the limits properly and you will be fine. Drive like a <REMOVED> at 70 and them slam on the brakes just before the camera and you might cause an accident.

You are using the same information in an article circulated in learned websites like the "Daily Mail" and the" Tax Payers Alliance"

There is no study.

What the article refers to is a list of sites on which local authorities have placed the information requested by the Department for Transport. This is data not a report. People of various persuasions are free to interpret.

On their site The DfT make no comment.

The following is another interpretation:

"The number of deaths and serious injury crashes has plummeted on Kent's roads since speed cameras were introduced".

"Figures released today by the government show a dramatic drop in serious accidents over a six-year period. Source That is a total fall of 74%" Kent online

No its the drivers that cause accidents.

I think you will find a speed camera just sits there. It doesn't jump out in the middle of the road does it.

Maintain your speed within the limits properly and you will be fine. Drive like a <REMOVED> at 70 and them slam on the brakes just before the camera and you might cause an accident.

get rid of the cameras!!!! they are dangerous!!!!!!

You are using the same information in an article circulated in learned websites like the "Daily Mail" and the" Tax Payers Alliance"

There is no study.

What the article refers to is a list of sites on which local authorities have placed the information requested by the Department for Transport. This is data not a report. People of various persuasions are free to interpret.

On their site The DfT make no comment.

The following is another interpretation:

"The number of deaths and serious injury crashes has plummeted on Kent's roads since speed cameras were introduced".

"Figures released today by the government show a dramatic drop in serious accidents over a six-year period. Source That is a total fall of 74%" Kent online

Which part of some, didn't you understand?

Do you agree that at some sites, accident rates have gone up, according to the data (I like data, it's much better than studies or reports; it's much harder to put a spin on)

I think the important statistic or fact that nobody can argue with is:

Speed cameras catch 100% of people breaking the law by speeding.

They're just a part of life which doesn't affect me, so I don't get stressed or angry about them, same with traffic wardens or police on the street (I don't suddenly make sure I'm law abiding when I see one then start breaking the law when he's passed).

If you do have an issue with them then perhaps its you and your driving style at fault?

Speed cameras catch 100% of people breaking the law by speeding.

No they don't...you can drive past at greater than the limit and not get pinged...they are usually set to around 10%+2 mph over the limit...be interesting to see if anyone has a ticket for a speed of less than 35 in a 30 limit..?

Archived