Speed Cameras To Be Switched Off Due To Spending Cuts.

I was under the impression that although the speed cameras will be removed, there will be more officers with the speed camera guns round every corner. This, of course, makes sense when you remember that cameras are only there to increase revenue, and as people know they're there they slow down - the guns are going to make even more money as people don't know where they are!

Within 7years there will be a black box in every car - road charging will come. VW (and others) are testing currently. The 'box' will automatically fine you at the end of the month if you speed as well as 50p per mile for driving in cities.

A

All 72 fixed speed cameras in Oxfordshire are likely to be switched off due to government spending cuts ,and this move could be repeated all over the country.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/jul/25/speed-cameras-safety-warnings-oxford

I think this is a fantastic move for every driver in the country.

These cameras are just revenue generators , and there to fleece the already taxed to death motorists.

come on Sheffield council , follow the lead of Oxfordshire ,and for once do the right thing and get rid of these yellow menaces.

Has this more to do with your present style of driving or an overt sense of care for those that flout current law?

Common sense tells you that camera or not, if you observe present speed restrictions you wouldn't be effected.

I hope this spreads across the country, at the moment I have to rely on an up to date speed camera database to stop me getting fines and my brakes are wearing down quicker than they should so the move would save me money and give me more freedom to use the full potential of the cars performance.

Within 7years there will be a black box in every car - road charging will come. VW (and others) are testing currently. The 'box' will automatically fine you at the end of the month if you speed as well as 50p per mile for driving in cities.

A

Will never happen by force. It would infringe human rights, hence they wouldn't be able to do it.

As for the cameras being shut off, good. Now they just need to get rid of mobiles and all will be good in the world of driving.

I hope this spreads across the country, at the moment I have to rely on an up to date speed camera database to stop me getting fines and my brakes are wearing down quicker than they should so the move would save me money and give me more freedom to use the full potential of the cars performance.

Yes..the Reliant Kitten was much more of a beast in comparison to the Robin. :D

Archived