Speed Cameras To Be Switched Off Due To Spending Cuts.

I hope this spreads across the country, at the moment I have to rely on an up to date speed camera database to stop me getting fines and my brakes are wearing down quicker than they should so the move would save me money and give me more freedom to use the full potential of the cars performance.

Agreed , my sat nav has saved me a fortune in fines .:hihi:

So you admit to regularly, knowingly and deliberately speeding?

No , like most people , i get hacked off at the fact there is no common sense applied.

When you have a cop with a speed gun , they can pull you over ,and if you are only slightly over the limit ( which everyone does from time to time without realising) , they can apply discresion ,and have a strong word with you about keeping an eye on your speed . I have had this happen to me a couple of times ( as im sure have many others) , but the cameras just hit you with a ticket full stop .

i feel this is what annoys drivers. id be in favour of having more police doing the speed checks with radar guns instead of the yellow menaces ,which are there purely to fleece drivers.

Difference is, most people aren't as rabidly in favour of slamming criminals hard, whereas DoW is. So DoW, are you in favour of yourself being locked up for a long time for committing crimes knowingly and purposefully?

my point is every driver will go slightly above the limit without realising ,and when there were police with the radar guns ,who were able to have a word and use common sense and advise you to be more careful , i dont think you would have found a driver who minded that

Archived