Speed Cameras To Be Switched Off Due To Spending Cuts.

C'mon AJ..you can do better than that. You don't change law by breaking it.

Hmmm.....lots of people broke the law when the poll tax was introduced. Do you really think that it did not help get the law changed? I think that it was entirely responsible for the change to council tax and the leadership change!:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Traffic patrols have steadily declined alongside speed camera proliferation.

I have been a motorist for many years. I have never felt so persecuted as I do now.

I agree i would much rather be pulled over by the police, got a good telling off and common sense applied if i was doing 5mph over the limit ,but driving safely and sensibily rather than this draconian system we have now where everyone who slightly straYs over whatever speed the camera is set at gets hammered in the pocket.

As someone pointed out in this thread , the speed cameras in Swindon were switched off last years ,and there has been NO increase in fatal accidents since.

I agree i would much rather be pulled over by the police, got a good telling off and common sense applied if i was doing 5mph over the limit ,but driving safely and sensibily rather than this draconian system we have now where everyone who slightly straYs over whatever speed the camera is set at gets hammered in the pocket.

As someone pointed out in this thread , the spped cameras in Swindon were switched off last years ,and there has been NO increase in fatal accidents since.

Probably because the cameras were installed at places that were experiencing a spike of accident activity that later fell back to their average, thats how the government also use figures to say their has been a reduction.

I contend that if any new law is introduced that the vast majority of people find repulsive they can get it changed by breaking it en masse.

We can only be policed as a nation because the vast majority of people wish to be policed. If the vast majority of people decided not to be policed, they could not be.

Probably because the cameras were installed at places that were experiencing a spike of accident activity that later fell back to their average, thats how the government also use figures to say their has been a reduction.

WHOOPS....I never posted that!:roll:

Archived