Speed Cameras To Be Switched Off Due To Spending Cuts.

If the vast majority of people hadn't wanted speed cameras in the first place, they would not have come into being; but we kept voting for parties that were going to keep them.

That would not be a reason to vote for them would it.

If the vast majority of people hadn't wanted speed cameras in the first place, they would not have come into being; but we kept voting for parties that were going to keep them.

Thats all changed now with the new refreshing government we have in charge , who realise how unpopular these cameras are ,and seem to be doing something about it.

Aww come on, get real! How many people do you really think voted for any party because it was going to increase the number of speed cameras.:roll:

Aww come on, get real! How many people do you really think voted for any party because it was going to increase the number of speed cameras.:roll:

People can vote for whatever laws they want; the point here is that people who were so vehemently opposed to speed cameras could vote for a party intending to remove them.

Almost nobody ever did.

People can vote for whatever laws they want; the point here is that people who were so vehemently opposed to speed cameras could vote for a party intending to remove them.

Almost nobody ever did.

Not really if that was the only policy you agreed with of theirs, and were opposed to the majority of their other policies.

Voting doesn't work in a black and white way like that, there is always compromise.

By definition, breaking the speed limit is bad driving.

Where the speed limit is inappropriately low, campaign for it to be changed as I do. You cannot use it as an excuse for breaking the law.

So doing 71 on a motorway is bad driving ?:huh:

I agree i would much rather be pulled over by the police, got a good telling off and common sense applied if i was doing 5mph over the limit ,but driving safely and sensibily rather than this draconian system we have now where everyone who slightly straYs over whatever speed the camera is set at gets hammered in the pocket.

As someone pointed out in this thread , the speed cameras in Swindon were switched off last years ,and there has been NO increase in fatal accidents since.

Too many people think the law shouldn't apply to them if they haven't killed anyone yet. If you decide that you think it is safe to drive at 35 mph where the legal limit is 30, you shouldn't complain about being fined! I bet those people who drive off-road bikes near you don't believe they are going to kill anyone either!

Too many people think the law shouldn't apply to them if they haven't killed anyone yet. If you decide that you think it is safe to drive at 35 mph where the legal limit is 30, you shouldn't complain about being fined! I bet those people who drive off-road bikes near you don't believe they are going to kill anyone either!

Reading some of his previous posts it's striking how draconian Dogs of War is when it comes to people breaking the law, he turns into a liberal however when the law applies to himself.

Archived