Scientology - Mad as a box of frogs.

Not seen it yet, but surely the best evidence of what Scientologists can do to a man is this...

As for the video in the OP, all I could think of was the instruction 'speak for one minute on a given subject without repetition, hesitation, or deviation.' Only Tom's allowed ten minutes for reasons known to the producers of Top Gear.

Am I going to die now?

Nice to see Quisquose again by the way. You came back! :wave:

I don't think that Quisquose is back, that was an old post.:(

They replayed that scene in your link last night, and the guy (whose name I forget) who has left the Church of Scientology more or less admitted that Sweeney was set up and this is all part of their MO.

Scientology seems to be like motivational gurus with knobs on. Throw in some brain washing, harassment, intimidation, stalking and isolating those who leave from their families et voilà!

I don't think that Quisquose is back, that was an old post.:(

They replayed that scene in your link last night, and the guy (whose name I forget) who has left the Church of Scientology more or less admitted that Sweeney was set up and this is all part of their MO.

Scientology seems to be like motivational gurus with knobs on. Throw in some brain washing, harassment, intimidation, stalking and isolating those who leave from their families et voilà!

Oh, I didn't even notice the date. :(

I'm going to watch it in a bit, it's quite refreshing to hear that the John Sweeney guy has come out, so to speak. :)

I always thought that this cult stemmed from a bet L Ron Hubbard made in his youth with some of his peers. That he could invent a religion and make a lot of money from it.

He seems to have enjoyed moderate success with Dianetics, but to have hit the jackpot with Scientology. :)

I always thought it was the influence of Aleister Crowley that turned him from sci-fi writer to cult icon.

An excellent, succinct account of last nights programme - you should write reviews for the papers.

Archived