Cars over-crammed full of children?

Well, it IS a form of child abuse! Abusing a child's safety and well being.

It's illegal, stupid and dangerous to do this to children.

It's unsafe being in a car full stop, just because it is less safe, doesn't make it child abuse. People need to mind their own business and look a little closer to home.

It's unsafe being in a car full stop, just because it is less safe, doesn't make it child abuse. People need to mind their own business and look a little closer to home.

I think what is being said is that if child restraints are in place but the parent chooses not to use them (either out of ignorance or just because they can't be bothered) - then, indeed, this is child abuse if the said child is injured or killed in an accident.

Well, you might see them in Sheffield in the not-too-distant future.

I saw on the news yesterday that Dick Camel-Egg is using his trip to India to try to persuade Indian investors to open up factories in the UK. They said they would think about it - but only if they could bring over their own workers to work in those factories. (Shouldn't be too much of a problem ... after all, they will be bringing the jobs with them - they won't be taking them away from the locals.)

Perhaps those workers will want to bring their own transport systems with them? - Should give First and Stagecoach a thing or two to think about. :hihi:

For some people, their little ones obviously aren't that precious... Some cultures and communities aren't that bothered what happens to their kids, and others care more about their kids than others... You never see Chinese kids wandering the streets late at night, or 6 to a car back seat, do you? But you do see white kids wandering about alone late at night, etc... I suppose those who aren't so bothered about their kids have their reasons though, and it probably isn't for us to question...

Its not that some communities "aren't that bothered" what happens to their kids, it just depends what you are used to. I remember seeing in Maylasia and Indonesia whole families on a moped, and if thats what you are used to, sticking the kids in the back of a car without seatbelts doesn't seem risky. It didn't seem risky to my parents in the 1970s when we were jumping about in the back of a Vauxhall Viva.

Archived