Is my employer being unreasonable?

I'm off sick at the moment, I have been for a while now due to complications with an operation. I've kept them informed, most weeks ringing them twice, to let them know that nothings changed (at their request). Every time something has changed, I've rang them immediately.

I've agreed to go back on Friday (even though I don't think I'm capable of working at the moment), as it's a short day and see how it goes. They've now asked me to ring in at 8:30am every day this week to see if I'm well enough to go in. I've got a sick note to cover the week, and I'm supposed to be resting where possible, so it's a bit annoying having to get up specifically to call them to let them know nothings changed. If I miraculously recover, then I'll go in - am I being unreasonable or are they?

I'm off sick at the moment, I have been for a while now due to complications with an operation. I've kept them informed, most weeks ringing them twice, to let them know that nothings changed (at their request). Every time something has changed, I've rang them immediately.

I've agreed to go back on Friday (even though I don't think I'm capable of working at the moment), as it's a short day and see how it goes. They've now asked me to ring in at 8:30am every day this week to see if I'm well enough to go in. I've got a sick note to cover the week, and I'm supposed to be resting where possible, so it's a bit annoying having to get up specifically to call them to let them know nothings changed. If I miraculously recover, then I'll go in - am I being unreasonable or are they?

They are being horrible. You are being intimidated .

If you have a sicknote for the entire week, you shouldn't need to ring in every day.

If he has a sicknote for the entire week it's illegal for him to go in any earlier than next Monday, unless it is replaced with an updated sicknote giving a return date.

I would take the request from your employer to ring in as just that, a request. If your not up because you've had a rough night, I'd ring when you are up and about and explain the reason why. Then the ball is back in their court, and you're doing your best to comply with their wishes.

If he has a sicknote for the entire week it's illegal for him to go in any earlier than next Monday, unless it is replaced with an updated sicknote giving a return date.

Because of your obsession with the law I wouldn't have known that..:hihi:

Ta!

Who gets done, the employer, the employee or the doctor ?

Who gets done, the employer, the employee or the doctor ?

The employer, I think, is in breach of health and safety legislation for employing someone who is known to be unfit for work.

If you have a sicknote for a week, you stay off for a week. Your employer doesn't get a say in the matter, and you can happily ignore anything he wants to say about you coming in earlier.

Archived