What's the meaning of life

not confused i work with the dead trust me it's 11 ounces.just dont know where it go's???

Given that nobody has ever produced credible evidence that the body loses weight at all - indeed, for centuries, it was believed that the body gains weight at the moment of death - then there's no reason to assume that anything goes anywhere.

After death there is nothing. We are reborn as our bodies are broken up and recycled throughout the planet. I read somewhere that I have parts of me that were once parts of Shakespeare. It was nice of him to donate them.

This is what I believe but I went one stage further the other day.

I wrote something that was on these lines ... see here. Only wildcat seem to understand what I was saying, but, and if I'm honest.. I didn't understand his answer :hihi:

Why does life have to have a meaning?

Good point. But people ask this, so I like to think of an answer.

The thing is if there is nothing after death than the experiences are waisted on a cold and lonely universe and it does not matter if your in a wheel chair or an Olympic track runner.

I guess you may as well top yourselves now :hihi:

Not so, if you have children ... see next quote. (though, to point out, I'm considering feigning required wheelchair use for sports purposes, as I'm useless without one)

It is all we can do. Give a twinkle of our life's onto the next and hope we look down in fondness.

If we're looking for the meaning of life, to answer the OP. I think this is it. When I'm with friends I can see what makes them happy.

Pre-kids, it was relationship/work etc. This was what is most important.

Post-kids, happiness seems to be based on the happiness and well being of offspring. This is thee most important thing in any [well most] people who are parents [in particularly, women]. Hence the meaning of life [or the nearest thing to answer the question] based on a hierarchy of what creates happiness [hence well being] is having children, and bringing them up to the best of your capabilities.

:)

well that's my answer :)

Why worry about it. if there's another existence we'll all find out eventually. If there's no existence you wont know owt more after you've shut your peepers for the last time

Which poster has suggested 'worry'?

Questions don't necessarily mean worry. We are inquisitive beings. :)

Which poster has suggested 'worry'?

Questions don't necessarily mean worry. We are inquisitive beings. :)

You can wonder and wonder and ponder and ponder but for sure you will never ever find out this side of eternity

No one ever came back to clue us in and no one ever will

You can wonder and wonder and ponder and ponder but for sure you will never ever find out this side of eternity

That may be true of life after death, but it doesn't necessarily follow that the meaning of life - indeed, the question of whether it has one or not - cannot be discovered.

I have worked out my answers, I'm sure I'm right. So that suits me. :)

The fact that no one has backs up my answer.

'No one ever will' is a bit of a tricky one though. ;)

Archived