Zeugma Iki - Review

Astraeus

We went Monday night, to the older (and smaller) original restuarant.

Was absolutely fantastic - it's probably one of my favourite eateries in Sheffield now to be honest. I had the iskmender kebab like the OP, it is indeed a large portion but absolutely beautiful food.

Had the halloumi to start, also delicious.

Treat ourselves to Turkish tea's and some baklava for pudding which were delicious.

Total bill for the two of us was about £40 including drinks.

Will be back again ;)

Wonderful

I suppose if you ever visit Rick Steins restaurant it would be

"nice expensive fish and chip shop in Padstow"

Actuially I have and I would have said "overpriced, overrated fish and chip shop in Padstow"

so you were nearly there

touchy - just giving you feedback mate - that's what you open yourself up to if you post on an open forum!

and if you write something pottentially provocative, don't get a stop on if you get a bite.

regards,

A. Pillock (apparently.)

Surely the correct thing to do with a review would surely be to give feedback on the review in relation to the subject matter of the review, not its editorial style or language. I don't agree with how the 'feedback' has been meted out at all and, as for it being provocative, again the provocation should be with regard to the subject matter of the review which it wasn't. Instead, what followed were some nonsense comments by people who seem to know me and "my type" particularly well.

Surely the correct thing to do with a review would surely be to give feedback on the review in relation to the subject matter of the review, not its editorial style or language. I don't agree with how the 'feedback' has been meted out at all and, as for it being provocative, again the provocation should be with regard to the subject matter of the review which it wasn't. Instead, what followed were some nonsense comments by people who seem to know me and "my type" particularly well.

Ignore them. Go out. Eat a nice meal and post your findings on here. There's a few of us who like reading reviews and the others can go jump!

You got off lightly Astraeus, if you'd mentioned the meat was halal it really would have kicked off ;)

Absolutely not. The style of the review read more like a journalistic article than your everyday restaurant review. All pieces of writing are open to criticism, which is what you offered us. So don't be surprised when your piece receives criticism.

You appear to be relative newcomer (maybe not, like me you may read more than you post), but if you read through many threads in this forum, you will find you can receive a barrage of criticism for one word, let alone a whole piece of writing

Archived