BP boss to get £600,000 pension every year until he dies

Nice work if you can get it eh?

He can draw his £600,000 pension straight away, no waiting until aged 65 for him, he gets a nice lump sum, keeps his shares and will be given a new job at a BP subsidiary.

I'm sure this will be welcome news to our friends on the US Gulf Coast.

Lucky fella! Nice second choice of career after realising he was rubbish at football!! :hihi:;)

Nice work if you can get it eh?

He can draw his £600,000 pension straight away, no waiting until aged 65 for him, he gets a nice lump sum, keeps his shares and will be given a new job at a BP subsidiary.

I'm sure this will be welcome news to our friends on the US Gulf Coast.

I think it is pretty much in line with any job really. You have a contract of employment and you can reasonably expect its terms and conditions to be met. I don't suppose the BP chairman blew up a rig that belonged to contractors working for the company.

That's what he gets for Obama being an arse.

If I were Obama i would be irritated with the man also. His whole attitude after the explosion seemed one of detachment and petulance culminating in his "I want my life back" remark. He even went on to say that the leak would not have a major impact on the environment. And he's an engineer?

His attitude to the whole thing was made even more clear by his appearing on his yacht after returning to England and having his photo taken to boot.

There seems to be the mindset that because the rig was built and operated by American crews that BP somehow was not to blame. If it was owned by BP then BP personnel should have been on site during it's construction to verify that all standards of construction and safety were met and also on board during it's operation to see that all BP operating and safety procedures

were being followed in accordance with company policy.

Anyway he's leaving with the ultimate golden handshake.... eighteen million dollars

If I were Obama i would be irritated with the man also. His whole attitude after the explosion seemed one of detachment and petulance culminating in his "I want my life back" remark. He even went on to say that the leak would not have a major impact on the environment. And he's an engineer?

His attitude to the whole thing was made even more clear by his appearing on his yacht after returning to England and having his photo taken to boot.

There seems to be the mindset that because the rig was built and operated by American crews that BP somehow was not to blame. If it was owned by BP then BP personnel should have been on site during it's construction to verify that all standards of construction and safety were met and also on board during it's operation to see that all BP operating and safety procedures

were being followed in accordance with company policy.

Anyway he's leaving with the ultimate golden handshake.... eighteen million dollars

Not bad, better than the oily hand shake the Florida tourist board will be handing out at the airport. :gag:

Archived