BP boss to get £600,000 pension every year until he dies

BP have gone out of their way to do as much as they can to solve the Macondo well blowout since it happened, so why are people grudgeful?

What more could they have done?

I agree, I think he did all a man could do in that position, sure he wanted his life back, he was honest about that, I'll get hell from my American buddies on here but I actully felt sorry for him and i think he was treated badly when all this mess began.

Not sure I can see a problem here other than just the media trying to whip up a bit of "let's find a scape goat."

CEO's of major corporations get a pension in line with their remuneration packages all over the world. Remuneration packages that are approved by the board of each company, so if anyone has a problem, blame the board!

It's not like it was a company brought to it's knees by it's CEO and then bailed out using taxpayers money a la Fred Goodwin??

Not sure I can see a problem here other than just the media trying to whip up a bit of "let's find a scape goat."

CEO's of major corporations get a pension in line with their remuneration packages all over the world. Remuneration packages that are approved by the board of each company, so if anyone has a problem, blame the board!

It's not like it was a company brought to it's knees by it's CEO and then bailed out using taxpayers money a la Fred Goodwin??

Spot on! :thumbsup:

This guy has been turned into a Scapegoat by the President and Senators, I feel sorry for him. He has worked for BP for 28 years so he does deserve this pension.

Private companies can afford to pay him this much and I bet he would prefer to carry on working for BP rather than take it.

The problem is jealousy, it’s the same with footballers wages, people can’t get it in their head that these blokes are the elite, we aren't talking about the manager of a local factory or pub team players are we.

Looks like this pension deal is completely within the guidelines on the BP pension scheme. It's not gold plated - just exactly what he would have got anyway.

That said, The company is responsible for hundreds of serious safety violations. He was/is the CEO and the buck has to stop somewhere. What did he actually do to introduce a culture of safety at BP? Not very much it would seem.

Spot on! :thumbsup:

This guy has been turned into a Scapegoat by the President and Senators, I feel sorry for him. He has worked for BP for 28 years so he does deserve this pension.

Private companies can afford to pay him this much and I bet he would prefer to carry on working for BP rather than take it.

A Scapegoat? I wish someone would explain to me exactly what Hayward's job description was

He was CEO enjoying stock options, bonuses. other perks by the bushel load and making more money that president Obama when it all added up at the end of the year and I'm dead certain that he had more tax write offs that I've had hot dinners so why shouldnt the buck have stopped at his desk.

When you're "The Man" you take the glory and you take the arrows and slings

A Scapegoat? I wish someone would explain to me exactly what Hayward's job description was

He was CEO enjoying stock options, bonuses. other perks by the bushel load and making more money that president Obama when it all added up at the end of the year and I'm dead certain that he had more tax write offs that I've had hot dinners so why shouldnt the buck have stopped at his desk.

When you're "The Man" you take the glory and you take the arrows and slings

You mean like Warren Anderson did?

Archived