BP boss to get £600,000 pension every year until he dies

Some towns people in Bell California just took matters into their own hands over the big salaries that their officials were getting, in response the officials offered to take reduced wages, wasn't enough for the towns people so some resignations have been accepted :D too bad we can't have this happen more often.

Video of the town meeting on CNN

Its no good being childish about it if those where the terms of his contract what as he done wrong.

Childish? You insult me boyo.

Here's a brief sketch of Tony Hayward

Two decades ago earmarked as a high flyer and destined for great thing in the BP world

Fast tracked through the BP's heavy bureaucracy by the man he would succeed as CEO John Browne.

Hayward took the top job three years ago promising to focus "like a laser' on safety. Those were his words at the time

I think it would be highly beneficial to BPs future if the next CEO is a qualified engineer and has an idea what good PR is all about

Some towns people in Bell California just took matters into their own hands over the big salaries that their officials were getting, in response the officials offered to take reduced wages, wasn't enough for the towns people so some resignations have been accepted :D too bad we can't have this happen more often.

Video of the town meeting on CNN

The city manager was being paid around 750,000 per year. Obama makes around 400,000 per

The police chief of that small town was earing about 150,000 more a year than the police chief of Los Angeles.

The only council member being paid normal rate for the part time job was earning 8,000 per year

Only issue I've got is if the leak was caused after the explosion of the well, in ANY such way, by cutting corners. For example do any other oil exploration companies use a double 'blowback preventer valve' in case one fails?

Or to put it another way.... was the valve a 'top notch' cost is no object item or one made in China (due to cost issues to save money for the shareholders 'divvy')? If that's the case, how much have they lost in 'trying to save a bit of money'?.......company image shot to pieces....all that lost oil that causes devistating pollution & can never be recovered only broken down (lost resource that has gone forever).....& the cost of the clean up operation itself!!!

Point I'm getting at is if it's a natural accident....well the guy gets his pension no probs....BUT if they have been found to cut corners to save a bit of money then that (to me) is a whole different ball game.

Childish? You insult me boyo.

Here's a brief sketch of Tony Hayward

Two decades ago earmarked as a high flyer and destined for great thing in the BP world

Fast tracked through the BP's heavy bureaucracy by the man he would succeed as CEO John Browne.

Hayward took the top job three years ago promising to focus "like a laser' on safety. Those were his words at the time

I think it would be highly beneficial to BPs future if the next CEO is a qualified engineer and has an idea what good PR is all about

Company I work at (I work in manufacturing)....well our moto is "Safety before production". They really do mean it. We get bonusses on no one having accidents, & cutting corners is absolutely frowned upon!

Ironically I did a 'permit to work' course a few months back & the thing they showed us to highlight the whole thing was the Piper Alpha oil rig disaster. The connecting rig would not shut down production as they other blazed & the connector was pumping oil onto the blaze! Production must continue...hum?

Only issue I've got is if the leak was caused after the explosion of the well, in ANY such way, by cutting corners. For example do any other oil exploration companies use a double 'blowback preventer valve' in case one fails?

Or to put it another way.... was the valve a 'top notch' cost is no object item or one made in China (due to cost issues to save money for the shareholders 'divvy')? If that's the case, how much have they lost in 'trying to save a bit of money'?.......company image shot to pieces....all that lost oil that causes devistating pollution & can never be recovered only broken down (lost resource that has gone forever).....& the cost of the clean up operation itself!!!

Point I'm getting at is if it's a natural accident....well the guy gets his pension no probs....BUT if they have been found to cut corners to save a bit of money then that (to me) is a whole different ball game.

Suggest you ask the company that supplied the rig those questions. It wasn't BP....

Nice work if you can get it eh?

He can draw his £600,000 pension straight away, no waiting until aged 65 for him, he gets a nice lump sum, keeps his shares and will be given a new job at a BP subsidiary.

I'm sure this will be welcome news to our friends on the US Gulf Coast.

Very nice if you can get it!

The people of the US Gulf Coast should be happy, it's what they've been calling for, they need a whipping boy.

The problem is jealousy, it’s the same with footballers wages, people can’t get it in their head that these blokes are the elite, we aren't talking about the manager of a local factory or pub team players are we.

Consultants working long hours are also the elite, but they don't get what a footballer gets, and they save lives.

Archived