Greenpeace - BP stunt backfires.

Tell that to the people who are cancelling their donations to greenpeace.

do people actually give money to these wasters....this planets being doing ok so far....the birds are still singing and iv'e got lovely trees in my back garden...and yesterday the peak district looked great...all this fuss about a bit of oil...we survived the torry canyon....lovely on the south coast now...

Well the lentil munching, yoghurt knitting, fake dredlocked crusties over @ Greenpeace may have gone a little too far for the average man in the street by closing down some BP stations in London today.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-10771805

However looking at some of the (moderated) comments appearing on their website, joe public is not impressed with the eco-terrorists actions.

http://www.greenpeace.org.uk/

I think your cultural stereotype of the Greenpeace activist are a little dated. Try this chappie & you're nearer the mark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFXn9gxn9wc

I think your cultural stereotype of the Greenpeace activist are a little dated. Try this chappie & you're nearer the mark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFXn9gxn9wc

Hmm, Didn't see him turning up at the BP forecourt in a Diesel powered minibus, climbing a ladder and placing a plastic cover over the BP sign though.

What is your point?

No matter, whatever it is it doesn't alter the fact that the comments on the http://www.greenpeace.org.uk (for those of you with your green tinted glasses that can't find it by yourselves) aren't exactly going the way the envirolentilists would like.

Strangely, and possibly for the only time in my life, I find myself pretty much supporting the actions of Greenpeace.

See, like British Telecom and British Gas, I think British Petroleum are nothing more than rip-off merchants. The prefix British seems to allow these companies to charge far more than their competitors and this is never more apparent than at the petrol pumps.

Add onto this the sheer mess of BP's oil leak/catastrophe and the fact that the general in charge of this environmental crime is, according to the media, about to receive a golden handshake in the region of £12M then yes, hats off to Greenpeace for once.

Anyone know where I can buy lentils from?

Strangely, and possibly for the only time in my life, I find myself pretty much supporting the actions of Greenpeace.

See, like British Telecom and British Gas, I think British Petroleum are nothing more than rip-off merchants. The prefix British seems to allow these companies to charge far more than their competitors and this is never more apparent than at the petrol pumps.

Add onto this the sheer mess of BP's oil leak/catastrophe and the fact that the general in charge of this environmental crime is, according to the media, about to receive a golden handshake in the region of £12M then yes, hats off to Greenpeace for once.

Anyone know where I can buy lentils from?

So you support the disruption of franchised retailers, who just happen to purchase their product from BP?

You support the tampering with of safety systems by untrained activists?

Can you see the irony in activists demanding an end to Oil, yet driving to these stations in hired diesel minibuses (In London with a huge amount of public transport) and placing plastic (made from oil) covers on the BP signs?

So you support the disruption of franchised retailers, who just happen to purchase their product from BP?

You support the tampering with of safety systems by untrained activists?

Can you see the irony in activists demanding an end to Oil, yet driving to these stations in hired diesel minibuses (In London with a huge amount of public transport) and placing plastic (made from oil) covers on the BP signs?

Well, fair points all.

And you're right of course, I cannot condone such actions.

But there's something about the fact that these protests are aimed at the likes of BP which for once makes me think: go on, go for it.

(I still get a glow when I recall the sinking of Rainbow Warrior; these things don't change over night.)

Well, fair points all.

And you're right of course, I cannot condone such actions.

But there's something about the fact that these protests are aimed at the likes of BP which for once makes me think: go on, go for it.

(I still get a glow when I recall the sinking of Rainbow Warrior; these things don't change over night.)

Whilst I agree that the intention of the protest was against BP, the actions haven't had any significant impact upon BP's business; however they will have had an effect upon those who actualy own / work at the forecourts in question.

A much better way to protest would have been to protest outside BP refineries / head offices.

I feel that they have done damage to their cause. Sadly.

Archived