Anyone else sick of scrutters/hoodies general ganster wannabies

G-Star has been out for years now and I remember when my brother started wearing it when it cost £150 least for a pair of jeans and you had to have a decent job to afford it. Hardly anyone wore it then because it was expensive for chavs to afford it.

Then all the fake stuff came out and chavs took over the brand and made it look cheap and tacky.

I went to skegness for the first time last week and I have never seen so many chavs wearing it. They all thought they were 'hard' with their staffies acting like 'G's'. :gag: :gag:

Over the past 2 years more and more chavs walk around in all G-Star because they think it makes them look hard. The price of real G-Star has come down alot! But they still wear the lovely fake crap!

The same can be said for Lyle and Scott now.

I could never understand a chav and I really wouldn't want to. They are a let down to society.

see also evisu jeans who are now trying to reinvent themselves with hardly any branding on their products due to the chav/badmanz factor

When its dark and you have to go somewhere its pretty scary walking past a gang of hoodies, i think they are just there to intimidate people

The reason they do that is because they are too pathetic to be out alone. Possibly the most worthless members of society.

Okay, so why is the current generation of teenagers being victimised? Let's face it, we are because there's hardly a day goes by that you don't see something in the news or on television. I don't understand why this is so, because I think that the majority of us are actually decent human beings. There's only the few bad apples dotted around the country that let all of us down. They do something wrong and before you know it "All teenagers are up to no good", and the rest of us are up the creek without a paddle.

For example, I was walking home the other day and I have to cross a particularly busy road to get to where I live. It happened to be just 'spitting' with rain and yes I admit it, I was wearing a hooded top, but not what you would call a hoodie. Anyway, I received so many dirty looks from passers by whilst walking down the road and all because of the hood. I mean HELLO, I'm just an innocent person walking home and it just happens to be raining!

I swear that some people seem to think that all teenagers are in to knives, drugs and fights just for laughs. I don't even know anyone like that at my school and before anyone suggests as much, I do not go to a posh school where everyone is perfect. I guess the saying "the only good news is bad news" is so true.

Besides, has anyone ever thought that SOME teenagers might just behave the way they do because they learned this from adults in the first place? Are the adults to blame? No, of course not, it's all the fault of that teenager with the hood. Anyway, I might be the only person in the world thinking this, but what can I say? It's something I feel strongly about, so there we go - I feel much better now.

Please, don't try and judge a book by it's cover and try to cut teenagers some slack. All my friends and most people at my school are all decent, and quite nice when you get to know them.

Okay, so why is the current generation of teenagers being victimised? Let's face it, we are because there's hardly a day goes by that you don't see something in the news or on television. I don't understand why this is so, because I think that the majority of us are actually decent human beings. There's only the few bad apples dotted around the country that let all of us down. They do something wrong and before you know it "All teenagers are up to no good", and the rest of us are up the creek without a paddle.

For example, I was walking home the other day and I have to cross a particularly busy road to get to where I live. It happened to be just 'spitting' with rain and yes I admit it, I was wearing a hooded top, but not what you would call a hoodie. Anyway, I received so many dirty looks from passers by whilst walking down the road and all because of the hood. I mean HELLO, I'm just an innocent person walking home and it just happens to be raining!

I swear that some people seem to think that all teenagers are in to knives, drugs and fights just for laughs. I don't even know anyone like that at my school and before anyone suggests as much, I do not go to a posh school where everyone is perfect. I guess the saying "the only good news is bad news" is so true.

Besides, has anyone ever thought that SOME teenagers might just behave the way they do because they learned this from adults in the first place? Are the adults to blame? No, of course not, it's all the fault of that teenager with the hood. Anyway, I might be the only person in the world thinking this, but what can I say? It's something I feel strongly about, so there we go - I feel much better now.

Please, don't try and judge a book by it's cover and try to cut teenagers some slack. All my friends and most people at my school are all decent, and quite nice when you get to know them.

Excellent point, most of the chavvy idiots come from families where the mother and father are unemployed, smoke 40 fags a day and spend their dole money on Stella and getting ratarsed in Embrace.

Well surely the higher level of new stories on TV, newspapers etc about attacks by 'chavs' and 'hoodies' is much, much higher than the equivalent groups in the 80s and 70s? The fear of it is much higher probably due to the fact that it is presented that way.

The reason they do that is because they are too pathetic to be out alone. Possibly the most worthless members of society.

That seems backwards to me.

Surely someone hanging around at night by themself would be pathetic...

when its cold ive been known to wear a hoody (with the hood down) never done harm to you the same as you've said about burkha wearers! and just because i may choose to wear a hoody it does not mean to say i hang around on street corners causing trouble.

its not the clothing thats the issue its the person wearing it!

i agree on this iam 46 i wear a hoodie when fishing i dnt go around causeing trouble on street corners , what gets me is why do they have to put them up in shopping centers and walking around streets in bloody hot weather they must stink to high heaven

That seems backwards to me.

Surely someone hanging around at night by themself would be pathetic...

Not as pathetic as hanging around in a group with the sole intention of harassing people who want to go about their daily business.

Archived