So what about the techno

Anders

Cheers!

Moving to Sheffield from the outskirts of the continent in 2 weeks time. Any clubs do techno in here? Any good parties? Interested in real techno of any kind, no trance/hardhouse/house etc. And I dont mind good beer at fair prices either:D

Originally posted by Anders

Cheers!

Moving to Sheffield from the outskirts of the continent in 2 weeks time. Any clubs do techno in here? Any good parties? Interested in real techno of any kind, no trance/hardhouse/house etc. And I dont mind good beer at fair prices either:D

Hehehe techno's huge in Europe isn't it? It's techno or rap in France and a lot of Western/Northern Europe. Let me tell you something mate, as far as most Brits are concerned, techno is a bit old hat, or seen as 'old school'. Most clubs in Sheffield are either rock/indie, pop/RnB, drum and bass, hip hop, electro pop, or the forms of dance that you mentioned. I dunno, correct me if I'm wrong guys, but I don't think techno is v big in Britain, is it?

Hehe. I know England very well, and I think its all a matter of taste. There is a scene alive and kicking in the UK as anywhere else, and most of the big name DJ's spin there regularly. You will find all kinds of music everywhere, although Techno now is mainly a German thing. If its "behind" or not, Im not gonna comment on that;)

Anyway, what I wanted to know is if there are any clubs at all booking DJ's like Jeff Mills, Richie Hawtin, Rush, Adam Beyer, Chris Liebing, Carl Cox or the like. I know there is a chick called Paula Temple from Sheffield. Anyone know about her whereabouts?

Thanks again:)

Although there have bene a lot of acid techno and trance-techno nights in Sheffield over the years - there has never really been that much in the way of straight techno like you may have got at the Orbit in Leeds or Lost in London. Not sure why - esepecially given Sheffield gave WARP to the world - but thats just the way its been!

Archived