GRRRR - cars taking two spaces up!

When I first got my two door car I used to park within the spaces. In the space of about 3 weeks I had two, nice, deep silver dints in the sides of my blue car - behind the doors, so it can't have been me that caused them.

I now park way away from the doors where it is unlikely someone is going to park near me. I have long doors, so its easier for me to get out (if its in a narrow space, I have to throw my handbag out first, then do a strange manouver that looks like my spine bends to get out without causing damage) and it avoids people that can't get out of a car properly.

In addition I avoid cars with car seats in like the plague. I am aware you need to get your kids out too, but why don't you park somewhere out of the way like I do, so nobody elses property gets damaged?

I have been to parkgate, meadowhall and meadowhall retail park today and am proud to say I used 2 space's at all except meadowhall as I got a parent and child space there.

I dont see why I should foot the bill for other car drivers and passengers careless actions when entering or exiting their cars.

This post is hilarious. What you are really implicating is that you believe that you have the right to park across two spaces because you are better than everyone else? Am I right? If not, please enlighten us. Welcome to the real world! There are much, much more pressing issues to consider in life than a few bumps in a car door. These things happen every day, and not just because of someone entering/exiting their car. I assume you drive around with your bumpers wrapped in bubble wrap to prevent stone chips from inconsiderate drivers kicking them up, since you take such pride in your lumps of metal? It is a car for goodness' sake.

You estimate that you've spent "a thousand pounds" over the last 18 years due to other people's negligence in a car park. Yes, I'll agree that it's an inconvenience to pay out these things - however, it is part and parcel of owning something that you use often and which is exposed to a myriad of different elements. I've not long since paid out for a new windscreen because of a stone that caused a crack that Gavin from Autoglass sadly couldn't fix.

Use as many excuses that you can find, my dear. The bottom line to this is that you are a selfish parker. If others can manage to park in one (yes, ONE) space without acquiring the staggering number of nicks and dents that you imply you have gotten over the years, then I'm afraid so can you. Parking in a bay is, after all, part of learning how to pass your test. :)

My car is huge, stupidly huge (its a wheelchair accessible vehicle) but if my son (the wheelchair user) isn't with me, parking in a normal bay is extremely difficult.

That said though, I don't think I've ever taken up two spaces. I avoid parking close to the entrance as its too busy, and usually go to the back of the car park, where often I can find 2 spaces together, to enable me to get the car in, before straightening it up into one space.

The funniest moment was at Crystal peaks. I was parked WITHIN the lines, infact I was in the middle!! As I parked up, some lady who was about to get into which was besides me had a small go at me, saying she can't get in to her car now. Me and my partner couldn't believe it but to be fair, she was 3 times the size of a normal woman!!!!!!!!!!

I say no more.....

Call me mean ... but my favouritist thing in the world is seeing their faces when they ding your car while you're sat in it!!

Morrisons at Meadowhead is the best. I was once parked up - well inbetween the white lines, and as I was about to get out my phone rang. I sat in the car chatting away when this 'heffer' of a woman tried to park her car on my passenger side. Bear in mind this car was tidgy. She was mahoosive!! Without a care in the world she shoved the door open and bam - my entire car shook.

I put my phone down, got out of the car and the look on her face was priceless!! I started to have a go, as you do, she wobbled back in to the car and drove off!! Good job I have a good memory. Got the reg number and her insurance paid for the £200+ worth of damage.

Other times it's been dinged while I'm in the car I do the same. Best excuse ever - oh sorry, I didn't see you in there!!!???

So if you had seen me you wouldn't have dinged it? And the fact you didn't see me made it ok to ding me!! Pathetic!!

I always find having a go makes them feel bad, and I make a point of taking their reg number in front of them. Will make them think twice. If it's genuinely accidentle, I don't kick off. It just annoys me so much when it's deliberate.

Parked up cars aren't the only problem when it comes to taking up two lanes. What about when you're driving and there are say 3 lanes and the car alongside you decides to edge into your line, thus rendering you to have to either slow down or edge over to the barrier and wait for the silly fool to get back into his or her lane! I'm seeing this more and more lately. Buses and large lorries are also the worse culprits for doing this.

Or even just as annoying is when you're at a set of traffic lights, it turns green and somebody decides to let multiple cars out of the side junction and then decides to proceed towards the traffic light so painfully slow that you get hit by the red again and have barely advanced! What can you do?:confused::huh:

I once pulled a guy for doing this in a car park and asked him why.

He gave what he considered to be a rational answer, " It stopped any one parking too close to his car "

You can't argue with that sort of logic can you....

Archived