GRRRR - cars taking two spaces up!

I always make a concious effort to make sure I'm parked in the middle of the bay. I don't care if people give me funny looks, as if I can't park because I'm a woman (I manage fine, thanks), I'll make a few extra moves to make sure my car is straight and well within the lines.

I've now got a 2-door coupe which has longer doors, so I have to make sure I leave plenty of room on the driver's side. I still have to twist my body to get out of the car, but I make sure I don't touch the neighbouring car with my door.

I'm just hoping no-one comes along and parks too close to the driver's door or I've got no chance :)

I keyed the car of the last person who tried that on me, hope they thought it was worth it lol

The fact of matter is there will always be cerebrally challenged animals like the above poster who would think nothing of causing hundreds of pounds worth of damage to your car because he has been slightly inconvenienced in some way.

I'm a great believer in karma - what goes around comes around - be careful myriad.

This really makes me MAD! - people who can't park within the white lines of a parking bay, so effectively taking two spaces up! Today I went to Crystal Peaks - and was ages trying to find a space because of this. I find this happens regularly at Crystal Peaks.

Rant over!

One of my pet hates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's something about cars that lets people like myriad, babooska and skyline demonstrate their anti social streak... They're probably worse than someone who deliberately takes up 2 spaces, that's selfish, but not deliberately awkward and provocative.

There's something about cars that lets people like myriad, babooska and skyline demonstrate their anti social streak... They're probably worse than someone who deliberately takes up 2 spaces, that's selfish, but not deliberately awkward and provocative.

Why is it selfish? How does it make us 'worse'????????

These people need to be made aware of the selfishness of THEIR ways. It is hardly threatening action to remind someone of how to park a car in a selfless manner. To date....no marks on my car as yet. Did get a note of 'apology' once, though.

I didn't say it made you selfish, I said that parking in 2 spaces was selfish.

I said that deliberately being awkward and provocative by trying to park in a way that makes it impossible to get into the selfish vehicle is worse.

A note is fine, it was parking so close that they can't get in which is stupid.

And, I will do anything to get as close to the car so that they can not open the driver's side

Maybe you've just been lucky, do it to myriad and he'll key your car, apparently.

Did you ever consider that they might not be parked like that through choice. Maybe a van was in the space next to them earlier...

Archived