GRRRR - cars taking two spaces up!

I have been to parkgate, meadowhall and meadowhall retail park today and am proud to say I used 2 space's at all except meadowhall as I got a parent and child space there.

I dont see why I should foot the bill for other car drivers and passengers careless actions when entering or exiting their cars.

well most people are carefull getting in and out of there car as they don't want to damage there own car as much as not wanting to damage other peoples car's.

i don't see why people should have to drive around the car parks repeatidly to find a space because selfish people see no problem in taking up 2 spaces instead of one.

im disabled but as im not in a wheelchair i tend to use normal spaces when there are not many disabled ones free as i believe theres others needing them more. now if i can manage between two white lines instead of four why can't you? what makes you so flaming special?? and for gowd sake please don't say because i've got a babbiieee!

Crystal Peaks used to have sensible sized parking bays (which you can still see marked out in different coloured block paving), but they revised the width of those and painted new bays, reducing the space you have to clamber out

If you drive a 2 door, have a disability which prevents you from sliding out sideways, or have a small child or carseat to remove before you commence shopping, basically you've had it

If you actually mean Drakehouse Retail Park rather than Crystal Peaks, that makes even more sense, as there aren't special bays for needy drivers. I will park directly over a white line if there are plenty of other spaces, and the car I'm parking next to has a child seat in it. They need the space, and I don't need the dinks in my doors

People with child seats in the backs of their cars are a menace. I avoid parking next to them wherever possible.

well most people are carefull getting in and out of there car as they don't want to damage there own car as much as not wanting to damage other peoples car's.

i don't see why people should have to drive around the car parks repeatidly to find a space because selfish people see no problem in taking up 2 spaces instead of one.

im disabled but as im not in a wheelchair i tend to use normal spaces when there are not many disabled ones free as i believe theres others needing them more. now if i can manage between two white lines instead of four why can't you? what makes you so flaming special?? and for gowd sake please don't say because i've got a babbiieee!

I never said I was special but thanks for the compliment and its 3 lines not 4 by the way for 2 spaces.

I park useing 2 spaces as over the last 18 years of owning a car I spent probably a thousand pound due to damage caused by other peoples negligence in car parks including dents from doors, mirrors broken from people squeezing between cars, If you would like to refund me this money and pay for all future damage to my cars caused in car parks then I will gladly use 1 space otherwise shut up.

I never said I was special but thanks for the compliment and its 3 lines not 4 by the way for 2 spaces.

I park useing 2 spaces as over the last 18 years of owning a car I spent probably a thousand pound due to damage caused by other peoples negligence in car parks including dents from doors, mirrors broken from people squeezing between cars, If you would like to refund me this money and pay for all future damage to my cars caused in car parks then I will gladly use 1 space otherwise shut up.

ouch looks like i touched a nerve!

first of its a public forum i have a right to my opinion and if i think its selfish to take up to spaces i will say so, so no i wont 'shut up' on your authority.

nor would i be willing to pay for any of your bills as im not a irrisponable road user that has caused any of the damage and £1000 for 18 years of repairs is naff all when worked out, if you can't afford to maintain a car don't run one!

ive always parked between the lines in one space and have never had damage from other cars, personaly think your just trying to justify selfish actions of preventing another driver being able to park up and go beyond there buisness.

Wow - you must be really bad at parking, because I've been driving as almost exactly as long as you, and have so far have suffered damage from other people in car parks that has cost a total of zero pounds.

Come on, be honest, you park in two spaces because you're a bit rubbish at parking, which is why when you used to go in a single space your car got damaged. My guess is you were one of those people who think that as long as it is roughly in the lines it is ok, regardless of whether it is straight or not. Not so much parked as abandoned - that sort of parking.

ouch looks like i touched a nerve!

first of its a public forum i have a right to my opinion and if i think its selfish to take up to spaces i will say so, so no i wont 'shut up' on your authority.

nor would i be willing to pay for any of your bills as im not a irrisponable road user that has caused any of the damage and £1000 for 18 years of repairs is naff all when worked out, if you can't afford to maintain a car don't run one!

ive always parked between the lines in one space and have never had damage from other cars, personaly think your just trying to justify selfish actions of preventing another driving being able to park up and go beyond there buisness.

Your quite right it is a public forum therefor I also am quite entitled to voice my opinion, I can quite afford to run my 2 cars and a motorcycle thankyou, I just dont believe that I should pay for other peoples damage to my property. therefore i protect my property if this means you cant park i dont care.

Your quite right it is a public forum therefor I also am quite entitled to voice my opinion, I can quite afford to run my 2 cars and a motorcycle thankyou, I just dont believe that I should pay for other peoples damage to my property. therefore i protect my property if this means you cant park i dont care.

What damage have you had to your cars then, that has cost you £55 a year to fix?

theres a difference between protecting your property and being a public nuisence!

and i never doubted you had a right to your opinion i only pointed out that i did because of you telling me to 'shut up'

Wow - you must be really bad at parking, because I've been driving as almost exactly as long as you, and have so far have suffered damage from other people in car parks that has cost a total of zero pounds.

Come on, be honest, you park in two spaces because you're a bit rubbish at parking, which is why when you used to go in a single space your car got damaged. My guess is you were one of those people who think that as long as it is roughly in the lines it is ok, regardless of whether it is straight or not. Not so much parked as abandoned - that sort of parking.

I am quite happy and compitent at parking in the smallest of space whether it be with a car, bus or lorry as I have a license for all these, but as I replied to the other poster I take pride in my vehicles therefore I take steps to protect them from damage if this means 2 spaces then 2 spaces i will use

Archived