Went for an operation that never happened!

But I should be given priority as I have paid in for many years! It is MINE ...I have PAID!

And you have no proof whatsoever that the person who had the emergency surgery this time hasn't paid National Insurance for years either, have you?

Nothing short of you actually interviewing the recipient of this surgery and asking for their tax details would actually give you that information BTW.

Like the saying goes, blood is thicker than water so if the surgeon had to treat her brothers than I think she was right to do what she did. :rolleyes:

A doctor would never tell a patient who was going in there place it would just be that some one who was more of a priority! There is more than just the surgeon that decides to cancel a elective operation

Behave! you go in for a planned op and your more important than an emergency? The NHS works for everyone and works on priorities regardless of how long you have paid in! Have you heard of BUPU maybe you should give them a ring if you think like this?

Are they similar to BUPA...:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

I'm sorry tbut this is just ridiculous. You are complaining that you got bumped back for clinical needs by someone that happened to need it more? That's how the NHS works. That's how any system of healthcare works.

As for points - well let's try this one. I donate blood, and now plasma. I've been flown into hospitals after being phoned up by the NBS because I'm the only match for a patient about to go into theatre. That's surely worth a lot of Shipshape points ins't it? I mean - I've paid, quite literally in blood havn't I? Shall we have a points system for blood donation? Never donated blood - well you don't get any in surgery then so let's hope you don't bleed to death. How does that sound?

But my point is that if we continue to allow it to be abused by people who pay nothing in we shall not have one either. It will be overrun by undeserving freebie hunters.

Under the system you propose, we would not have one. You can't save the NHS by abolishing it.

We are not talking about life threatening operations generally here. Plus I think that there should be a points system for medical care based upon how much you have paid in!

So Mr Rich Banker who has paid more in should get precedence over someone who doesn't work because they are a full time carer, I don't think so!

I'm by no means sympathetic with layabout scroungers but the NHS should be for everyone regardless of their situation and should be prioritised based on need/urgency.

Archived