Drivers who block side streets and don't let you out

I don't mind letting people out if I am waiting in traffic and it doesn't slow me down much. i don't like drivers who try to force their way out, that makes me less likely to let them out. If you wait patiently at the give way someone will eventually let you out.

What does annoy me is people who don't say thankyou.

<<<What does annoy me is people who don't say thankyou. >>>

Don't start me off! I agree totally! Lifting a hand off the wheel costs nowt. I just wish there was a way to find out who isn't going to thank you, so you don't give way to them. Usually, my window is open, and I shout 'Thank you' as they drive snootily past. I curse them with the wish they will get two punctures!

I don't mind letting people out if I am waiting in traffic and it doesn't slow me down much. i don't like drivers who try to force their way out, that makes me less likely to let them out. If you wait patiently at the give way someone will eventually let you out.

Do you have control issues in other aspects of your life? Do you enjoy the power you have over them,deciding their fate on your whim?

That may be true, but in Sheffield 'eventually' seems to be an awfully long time.

That may be true, but in Sheffield 'eventually' seems to be an awfully long time.

Not true in my experience. Most drivers are decent and courteous. I don't do the "nose out" thing to join a road but it's rare i'm waiting more than a few cars before joining a road (ok on eccy road it takes a bit longer) I honestly don't think we have a bad or rude general driving population. Plus i always say thanks to the person who lets me into a road, which is important as emily mentioned.

Archived