Roy Calvert born 1927 in Sheffield

are you sure about Longstaff - Ancetry only has one Roy Calvert born Sheffield 1927 but Mothers maiden name is Gratton.

Sorry my mistake Roy's grandparents would be Leonard Flint Calvert & Mary Longstaff, his Father William

• 6 months later...
Sorry my mistake Roy's grandparents would be Leonard Flint Calvert & Mary Longstaff, his Father William

Roy's father was a William Calvert? If so he had a brother called Maurice george and he's my Great grandad. I've sent you a PM. If there's a connection be good to get in contact

Cheers

Hi,

My fathers name was Roy & I believe his father was William, Not sure on the brother. What little I do know is that his parents did originate from the Ripon area so if you follow the Mary Longstaff lead there is a ripon connection.

The last contact I had with Roy; he lived in Jordanthorpe.

Are we close.

Hi,

My fathers name was Roy & I believe his father was William, Not sure on the brother. What little I do know is that his parents did originate from the Ripon area so if you follow the Mary Longstaff lead there is a ripon connection.

The last contact I had with Roy; he lived in Jordanthorpe.

Are we close.

The Calvert's I'm descended from came from York, WIlliam was a tailor and had a shop his wife was Catherine White, talking mid 1800s, they had a son called Leonard Flint Calvert, he moved to Sheffield and married a Mary Longstaff ( 1898 ) who was from Mexborough originally. They had 2 sons a William (your grandad?) & Maurice George (my great grandad).

So if your Roy is related to ones I've mentioned, then Roy and my Nan would be cousins.

You'll have to contact me if any of this ties in.

Cheers

Archived