Any pubs in Sheffield that still serve Magnet??

TheWugzy

Don't know whether its me but Magnet doesn't taste anything like it used to 30 years ago when it was brewed by Courage. It used to have a light yellowish head which differentiated it from John Smiths Bitter! It was a good drink, not like the crap that they call Magnet now!

Don't know whether its me but Magnet doesn't taste anything like it used to 30 years ago when it was brewed by Courage. It used to have a light yellowish head which differentiated it from John Smiths Bitter! It was a good drink, not like the crap that they call Magnet now!

sedith please wash your mouth out with soap and never disrespect magnet on here again.

we had some magnet in there last sunday and it was s***e!

Surprising; Jill has always served a decent pint of (keg) Magnet at the Sportsman.

It's a shame cask is no longer available being my favourite bitter bar none. Best pint I had were in (or near) York: The Green Man (which is now Aagrah) on the A64; Thomas's, Museum Street, York and The Corner Pin, Rougier Street, York.

Maybe it doesn't travel well as I can't recall a decent pint of Magnet in Sheffield. The Fox And Duck in Broomhill is probably the best pint, locally but not a patch on that available nearer to John Smith's brewery at Tadcaster.

Archived