Scrapping Retirement Age

But the state pension is nowhere near minimum wage. Even with pension credit (which I'm against in principle) it falls well short. Of course, people on guaranteed pension credit (who live in rented homes) will get housing benefit and council tax benefit, so that would all add up to more than the minimum wage. HB doesn't apply to people with mortgages in the same way. And very often its the pensioners who don't qualify for means tested benefits who find themselves still with debt, or mortgages and rent to pay when they get to 65. No wonder so many more are continuing to work, or finding other jobs in retirement. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/article-1269293/Quarter-pensioners-mortgage.html

Did you stop reading at that point?

I said that the money should come from the profits of the capitalist organisations.

They are rolling in money.

All this trash about the country being bankrupt is tosh.

I said that the money should come from the profits of the capitalist organisations.

We are being fed a massive controlling confidence trick I totally agree. Controlling the population through fear is the Tory way.

I didn't stop reading, but we all know that won't happen. And I thought politicians of all parties agreed that the financial state of the country isn't good - but not bankrupt. :confused:

It seems selfish of me to deny these old folk the right to slog their guts out day after day.

And we're not 'old folk' just because we're in our mid sixties! :o

I agree entirely that the pension age should be scrapped and people be asked to work into their seventies. There are after all one million unemployed people aged btween 16 and 24....somebody has to go to work to keep them!

Asking people to work into their 70s isn't going to help the huge problems with youth employment.

People should retire before 70 so they can give the young people a chance or else in a few years there will be no one to do all the jobs because they won't know how! Why not get the older ones who are approaching retirement to help train the younger ones up.

I fully appreciate that I am opening myself up to all sorts of comments about chavs and young people who are happy to live on benefits and their backsides!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-10796718

The nonsense talked here about empowering people to slave on until they are turned 65.

It true aim is to not allow us to have the pensions we have paid for, and to make us work forever, until we drop.

What rational person wants to carry on working for the man, after 65?

Most have far better thinds to do.

Another con, by the condems.

Do any people in Heeley Bum actually work or do they just around reading the collected works of Karl Marx? :D

Asking people to work into their 70s isn't going to help the huge problems with youth employment.

People should retire before 70 so they can give the young people a chance or else in a few years there will be no one to do all the jobs because they won't know how! Why not get the older ones who are approaching retirement to help train the younger ones up.

I fully appreciate that I am opening myself up to all sorts of comments about chavs and young people who are happy to live on benefits and their backsides!

My comments were intended to be sarcastic. Yours is a good sensible response which perhaps my sarcastic comments did not deserve. You should not be ridiculed for them in any way.

My comments were intended to be sarcastic. Yours is a good sensible response which perhaps my sarcastic comments did not deserve. You should not be ridiculed for them in any way.

Thing is can someone find Artisan a job? He says he's an artisan but I dont know what he's an artisan at.

I didn't stop reading, but we all know that won't happen. And I thought politicians of all parties agreed that the financial state of the country isn't good - but not bankrupt. :confused:

And we're not 'old folk' just because we're in our mid sixties! :o

British Gas has just announced massive profits, but says the price must go up.

BP has lost 31 billion, but is still making profit, and will be back by the year end.

The capitalists are replete with money, they are just fooling you into working for nothing.

Besides all this 'debt' does not exist.

It is just fluff, nothing, it is meaningless in real terms.

Just write it off and start again.

The USA is the only one laying the law down, and they are over, done, a spent force.

PS, I am nearly the same age as you are, 60 next, and slog my guts out everyday to keep your health service running in the custom to which we have become used.

The pathetic insults people give to the public sector make me sick to the stomach of how low the tories have dragged the decent people of this country.

British Gas has just announced massive profits, but says the price must go up.

BP has lost 31 billion, but is still making profit, and will be back by the year end.

The capitalists are replete with money, they are just fooling you into working for nothing.

Besides all this 'debt' does not exist.

It is just fluff, nothing, it is meaningless in real terms.

Just write it off and start again.

The USA is the only one laying the law down, and they are over, done, a spent force.

PS, I am nearly the same age as you are, 60 next, and slog my guts out everyday to keep your health service running in the custom to which we have become used.

The pathetic insults people give to the public sector make me sick to the stomach of how low the tories have dragged the decent people of this country.

Blimey your are old. Anyway quit griping old man and put some muscle onto that mop :hihi:

There's no such thing as a free lunch even down in Heeley Bum

Archived