Scrapping Retirement Age

Maybe I'm just older than you lot but in my jaundiced view politicians are just a bunch of whores and self serving opportunists.

Unfortunately we need them to run the countries but there's always a bad smell that goes with them

I always thought it went London, Birmingham, Manchester then Sheffield in terms of size
This has been discussed a lot on here in the past. If you google for a list, you can get different outcomes depending on what criteria you use.

England (Greater) London, Birmingham, Leeds, Sheffield etc etc

UK London, Birmingham, Glasgow, Leeds etc etc

But if you counted Greater Manchester, it'd be third in England, but GM isn't actually a City in its own right.

It's a moot point anyway, in terms of population even the biggest cities in the UK can't hold a candle to the populations of USA cities.

No, the fact is that retirement age is precisely calculated.

In usual situations when someone retires at state pension age, they are dead within about 18 months.

So their demand on the state, and for goods and services is about zero.

:hihi:

Life expectancy at age 65 – the number of further years someone reaching 65 in 2006–08 could expect to live – is also higher for women than for men. Based on 2006–08 mortality rates, a man aged 65 could expect to live another 17.4 years, and a woman aged 65 another 20.0 years.

ONS 2008

Get a grip ;)

:hihi:

Life expectancy at age 65 – the number of further years someone reaching 65 in 2006–08 could expect to live – is also higher for women than for men. Based on 2006–08 mortality rates, a man aged 65 could expect to live another 17.4 years, and a woman aged 65 another 20.0 years.

ONS 2008

Get a grip ;)

Orl reight.

But to be honest with the life span of my family and friends I do not expect much.

With you lot expecting so much, why not give some of it up to us with less of a span than you ?

Greedy Buggers. ;)

Archived