Any size 16+ brides had trouble finding enough choice in any dress shops

I've decided that with only 6 months to go i should get myself my dress and shoes.

I'm a big girl and wondered where in Rotherham/Sheffield i'll be able to get a (resonable priced) dress, any suggestions appreciated!

And..... i've got size 10/11 feet, where on earth am i going to find a nice pair of Ivory/White (depending on the dress) shoes! I know Evans stock big sized shoes but i haven't seen anything appropriate lately and i can just squeeze into Barratts tall and small range occasionally, please help!

Have you thought about having your dress made?

Especially Yours made mine from scratch. Her username on here is maggyirene and her number is in the yellow pages. She did a fantasic job and she was very reasonably priced.

hi there jimmy, house of brides online (based usa) do nice dresses for the larger lady, http://www.houseofbrides.com

and in sheffield, Pronuptia on ecclesall road, and wedding days on abbeydale road, they have up to 50% sale on at the mo! Hope this helps :)

Oooooooooo-SALE!!!! Might have to go and have a little nosey! Thank you, i read about a shop in Rotherham that caters for larger ladies but i can't remember the name of it:huh:

Just had a look on that website and i want them all, they are stunning and so reasonable!

If you are willing to come to Barnsley, I can recommend a fantastic shop called Cassamiento Bridals. I got married as a plus sized bride last October and I couldn't fault them one inch. I also have large wide feet, plus sized 9 EEE fitting and landed up going to a shop in Liverpool, they have an online store though too, I'll see if I can find you a link.

Thank you but i'm wary about buying something as important on the internet! Also thank you for the offer of the dress but i've got really pale skin and i'm going for ivory so i don't dissappear in a white dress!

• 2 weeks later...

Take a look at La Bella Brides, Thorncliffe Estate, Chapeltown. They stock all sizes from 8 to 28 - and not just odd ones. They do quite a large range. Kath - the lady who runs La Bella - is a larger lady herself, so knows the problems we big girls face, and puts you at ease. No obligation browsing and trying on, give her a call 0114 284 5350 to book a slot, or just to nosy.

Archived