Any size 16+ brides had trouble finding enough choice in any dress shops

I'm sure you will look lovely in whatever you choose and whatever size you are. The best advice my daughter was given when choosing her dress and debating between two was not to buy either as they obviously weren't her dress, the lady said you will know when its the right one and she was right my daughter put on a dress in a style she would never have chosen to try without prompting and knew instantly it was the one. Good luck

hello,

have you looked on you and your wedding forum? there is a chatroom for size 18 plus brides who post pictures of themselves in their wedding dresses, i think it will help you look at different styles of dresses on real women. They also recommend shops and suppliers. you might be able to vent your anxieties there and get a bit of a confidence booster as all the women look brilliant in their photos. Enjoy planning your wedding and if you do come across any meanies, walk away they are probably just plain jealous!

I was just about to suggest that too!

On YAYW they have a whole section for "Big, Beautiful Brides" and I'm sure lots of their experiences will make you feel a whole lot better

http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/chatroom/forum/74

Oh thanks, you're all so lovely! I've got loads of great tips and also another website to become addicted to!

Today I decided to bite the bullet and try on some dresses on my own just to get it over with. I went to Berketex Brides in town, having phoned in advance. And ... it was great! I found a couple of gorgeous dresses that were flattering and lovely. As they were lace-ups, trying on wasn't an issue. One of them was so lovely, I didn't want to take it off. Could it be 'the one'? Surely I can't 'know' after a matter of minutes - even with my fiance it took a few months to be sure!

The only problem now is figuring out whether I can justify a grand (that's in the sale as well!) on a dress! 'Does it really matter, if you only wear it one day?' Fiance said, at home later - until he saw my face, and quickly changed his tune to, 'If that's the one you want, go for it!'.

Hmm ... I shall withhold my decision until my mum comes for a second viewing at the weekend!

Hi all

If anybody is struggling with their weight leading up to their wedding please have a look at the website designerlife.tv (username: designerlife & password: success).

Let me know if you need help - **jdshepp@gmail.com**. I can also get samples over to you if you wish.

jdshepp

• 5 weeks later...

On the topic of weight loss rather than dresses, weight watchers is brilliant and they have a fab chat room even if you decide not to do the diet (although I would reccomend it 100% for a lasting result - rather than a fad diet). The people in the chat rooms are normally very supportive and motivational and you don't have to be a member to join the chat rooms...

http://www.weightwatchers.co.uk/community/mbd/index.aspx

Have a fab wedding!!

• 7 months later...

Archived