Any size 16+ brides had trouble finding enough choice in any dress shops

I was a size 16-18 when I started trying on. They have dresses in a variety of sample sizes, so some I wanted to try on were far too small, but they pin you in and leave them undone etc so you can have a look anyway!

I went to loads of shops in Sheffield. Two on Ecclesall Road, one on the end of the Moor, one near Castle Square (can't remember the names) but I ended up getting it from Coop in Chesterfield.

Every shop was fantastic.

You always need to book appointments, so I told them my size when I rang and they all agreed it was fine. The dresses are then ordered to your measurements anyway!

Good luck. It is so exciting!

Lulla

I was a fair bit bigger than a 16 when I went to la bella and they had loads for me to try on, you wont get their by bus though, its in the middle of a massive industrial estate. go on a thursday afternoon and speak to mandy she is lovely (she also does bridal alterations and altered mine for me)

The nicest staff in a shop I went into was one in lincolnshire way (dont ask how I ended up here) as I wanted a specific design and then rung round loads of shops to see if they could get it.

wish I had got it from the shop in lincolnshire (dont think la belle stocked the dress I wanted) as they were sooo nice!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Apologies if this posts twice but the message disappeared the first time I typed it! Technology!

Not sure if it helps but I went to a wedding dress sale at the Carlton Park Hotel in Rotherham today and noticed that they had quite a lot of larger size dresses. Not sure what size they went up to but I'm guessing about a size 30. The ladies there were really nice and patient too - even when I tried loads of dresses on! Not pushy like some of the shops I've been to!

I don't think they have a shop but the email address on the leaflet I have is eternalbridalwear@gmail.com. P.S. Prices were really low too £299 to £449 max!

Hope this helps!

• 4 months later...

Hi

My friend is coming to Sheffield in a few weeks and even though I was only shopping last week is there any good places for a beautiful curvy bride. She is about a size 22 - 24. She does not have a huge budget. She is getting married Sept 2011 and has not wanted to go dress shopping so I said I would take her.

Any ideas? I really don't want to take her anywhere that will upset her because she cannot fit in anything.

Thanks

Jess

Archived