Mini fridges / coolers

Morning all.

I have to ask, does anyone know the difference? Because I bought what I THOUGHT was one of those little glass and metal mini fridges. Turns out it's this pathetic plastic effort that I can just store a bottle in, have to turn off every day for an hour and does naff all to cool / chill.

So, help? Anybody got one? Can you tell me where from / how much / what type / how cold it gets things?

I got the "Naff" plastic effort as you describe it.

It's Brilliant!

Holds 12 cans of beer, plus another 4 bottles in the door.

Does what it says....cools them very quickly.

I use it in the awning when in the caravan. I just unplug when going to bed and plug in again the next day.

I got the "Naff" plastic effort as you describe it.

It's Brilliant!

Holds 12 cans of beer, plus another 4 bottles in the door.

Does what it says....cools them very quickly.

I use it in the awning when in the caravan. I just unplug when going to bed and plug in again the next day.

A word of warning to the wise ;)

I bought one of those electronically-cooled coolboxes when they first came out. It worked well. We went camping and on the way there, the cool box was in the boot loaded with stuff, with it plugged in (and with adequate ventilation space around it so I didn't damage it.) When we got to our destination, the stuff in the box was very cold indeed.

The next morning, the stuff in the cool box was still fairly cold ... and the battery was very flat!

The car was an automatic.

If you're going to use one for camping, a dual-charging system and a dedicated 'utilities' battery are a good idea.

anyone know if there's a mini fridge big enough to hold a "beer in a box" polypin with dispenser ?

Somewhat dated discussion here and here's a link to another set of reviews.

Archived