How do car insurance settlements work?

not sure, they havnt said

just got an email back, they say they are offering £2700, minus £700 excess ... then they take off whatever i owe them in regards to monthly payments ive not made yet

is this standard stuff?

I've not had to make a write off claim as yet, but don't like the idea of offsetting remaining payments against what they would pay you.

As others have said, don't take their first offer if you can avoid it!

I've not had to make a write off claim as yet, but don't like the idea of offsetting remaining payments against what they would pay you.

As others have said, don't take their first offer if you can avoid it!

no, neither do i but if thats the way it works then i guess i dont have a choice!

i guess it means i dont have to worry about payments for the next 8months and save up for next years high premium!

no, neither do i but if thats the way it works then i guess i dont have a choice!

i guess it means i dont have to worry about payments for the next 8months and save up for next years high premium!

Are you looking forward to repaying whatever they give you this year?!

I bought a Punto for £1000 a few years ago, a few months later someone ran into the back of me and wrote it off. They assessed it and offered me £1500!?! I accepted it before the ink had dried on the offer letter!!! So in answer to your question I have no idea how they work it out, they knew what I had paid for it! Crazy! Fingers crossed you drop lucky too!

I bought a Punto for £1000 a few years ago, a few months later someone ran into the back of me and wrote it off. They assessed it and offered me £1500!?! I accepted it before the ink had dried on the offer letter!!! So in answer to your question I have no idea how they work it out, they knew what I had paid for it! Crazy! Fingers crossed you drop lucky too!

well £2700 they offered, minus £700 excess minus £800 still to pay on policy = £1200 left

Archived