Is 42" too big for a tv?? Do you have one? Regret it or love it?

as long as you can sit far enough away from the screen so you don't have to move your head to follow the action and you have the space, then the bigger the better for me

in my house that works out at 32" unless I have a major reorganisation to free up a wall

It will be on a stand in the corner.

I've just done the measurements for this optimum viewing v tv size thing and I have an 8ft difference from tv to seat so app I can go as high as 62" but I'll stick at 42"!!!

X

Williams of Woodseats is an independant shop and has a good reputation. Panasonic Viera is considered to be the best these days! Sony now have Samsung 'inards' and Williams told me they won't stock them any more as 'it is not what our customers are wanting or used too'
Panasonic and Samsung are much of a muchness TBH (Samsung trumps Pana with LED panels, Pana trumps Samsung with plasma panels), and most big brand TVs have a same panel from a same manufacturer, depending on the market segment.

E.g.

some cheap models from several different big brands have a same panel from hitachi (or another),

some mid-range models from several different big brands have a same panel from sharp (or another),

some high-end models from several different big brands have a same panel from samsung (or another),

etc - all dependent on panel size and TV RRP bracket

Rarely has going to a bricks and mortar store and checking a TV in action been more important these days, as well as thorough research about the TV's actual innards indeed. But that applies to all brands.

I'm quite liking this at the moment ...if only they made a non-3D, cheaper one, I might finally take the plunge.

Williams of Woodseats is an independant shop and has a good reputation. Panasonic Viera is considered to be the best these days! Sony now have Samsung 'inards' and Williams told me they won't stock them any more as 'it is not what our customers are wanting or used too'

independant? I think not viera best on market? I think not lol do u believe everything they tell u

Can't go wrong with a samsung or an LG. Well they are both samsung really heh. Sony vao or vio whatever it's called are also samsung. As the other guy said, samsung lcd pannels are really great.

Tell me, what is this the deal on the tv? Sounds interesting :-D

Mines a 32" in a small room but is really nice and takes up less space then my 21". Looking for an upgrade at some point though as it is only "hd ready". Might go with a 37" or 42" next time....

Got mine from curries, never needed any aftersales so I cannot comment. Prices and such wise though, they are rather good. Price matching etc.

When I got mine, they matched argos price and I arranged same day delivary. This was on a Saturday.

Williams are good, got my cooker etc from there but can be expensive. Their installation though of stuff is better than curries.

Hi all,

I've been wanting a new LCD tv for sometime

and have just taken the plunge and reserved an lg 42" LCD. It will fit the space but I'm thinking is it too big?!

I currently have a 27" old style tv and can't imagine anything bigger!

Do you have one? Like it? Think it's too big in hindsight or love it?

Opinions greatly recieved! Xx

not big enough. go for 52 baby:cool:

We were a bit worried that the 42 inch we were looking at was going to be too big for our room but actually now it's in place we think it's great and would never go back to a smaller one. We got a Samsung from Comet. For a couple of days you might feel a bit like the apes in 2001 with a great big granite slab sat in the corner of the room but you soon get used to it.

We're going to buy a new one soon but will go for a 32". Our sitting room is only about 12' square, and I think thats plenty big enough. Son has a 50+ inch one - but his lounge is double the size and can take it. I may be in the minority, but I really dislike huge tellies in small rooms. :(

We've got a 46" and it's magic. "just like bein at pictures". we've started watching all our old DVDs again and it's amazing how good they look on the bigger screen but then again thats what the films were made for....

Archived