Is 42" too big for a tv?? Do you have one? Regret it or love it?

i have mainly 32''s in the bedrooms a 52" in the livingroom all full hd and a 720p projector in the back garden on a 90" screen and would say bigger is better!!! in most cases that is.....i am quite lucky to have a square room but my friend has one more rectangular and his 52" looks terrible you are way too close to get the benefit......and when playing films like avatar on blueray it is way too bright and gives you a headache.....

Weve got 2 x 42" and a 50" and we love them, aslong as you buy a good quality tv then the picture quality and sound is brilliant, Only thing is when you visit anyone with a "normal" sized tv its horrible trying to watch it, I would rec a big tv!

We got a samsung 40inch (might be 42 actually... my partners tv so not sure on size!) and I hate it! Give me my old Sony CRT 28inch back ANYDAY. Im petrified of knocking it over, my kittens chew through the hdmi cables, my son puts his hands all over it.... I felt much more confident dusting the old one :lol:

Hi all,

I've been wanting a new LCD tv for sometime

and have just taken the plunge and reserved an lg 42" LCD. It will fit the space but I'm thinking is it too big?!

I currently have a 27" old style tv and can't imagine anything bigger!

Do you have one? Like it? Think it's too big in hindsight or love it?

Opinions greatly recieved! Xx

32" is big enough unless you have a mahusive room oh and dont get LG the picture quality is rubbish get a samsung you cant go wrong.

years ago people use to have a nice fire as the xcentre piece of the liiving room. Now its a nice tv lol

think im just awkward as have both lol, living room is rather empty though we have the fireplace in middle with a sofa on the opposite wall and a smaller sofa on the non window wall then the tv in the corner between then window/fireplace. with the room being so minimal the tv doesn't really look out of place (50" lcd)

another bonus of a big tv is both me and hubby are meant to wear glasses for watching tv but don't need to when watching the living room one, do need them for bedroom 28" crt one though.

We got a samsung 40inch (might be 42 actually... my partners tv so not sure on size!) and I hate it! Give me my old Sony CRT 28inch back ANYDAY. Im petrified of knocking it over, my kittens chew through the hdmi cables, my son puts his hands all over it.... I felt much more confident dusting the old one :lol:

Hmm yeah when my daughter was little it was essential being able to use a bit of elbow grease whilst cleaning the tv screen. granted no where near as easy on a ldc or plasma.

the rule in our house is you touch the tv you clean it! (no one flipping touches it now though so its left to me to do when having a geneal clean and tidy up.

Archived