Do you need a passport to fly within the UK?

I didn't need a passport to get on the boat at Holyhead to go to Dun Laoghaire, just my photocard driving license. Might be different with planes as you need to pass through passport control no matter where you get off.

Also... psst... Dublin is not in the UK... it's in Ireland and a completely different country.

UK citizens do not require a passport or visa to enter republic Ireland or northen ireland, but most carriers by air or sea now require some form of identification with photograph (usually either a passport or driving licence with photo. I go four times a year and never had passport in my life.

I would have thought you would have needed one for Dublin as its not part of the UK. Similar to going to France.

Belfast you wouldn't, but Dublin you would.

wrong I went to Dublin with my bus pass, republic of ireland have got agreement with the uk which means you don't need passport to enter Dublin.

I would have thought you would have needed one for Dublin as its not part of the UK. Similar to going to France.

Belfast you wouldn't, but Dublin you would.

If you think about it that would mean that on the border areas, people would need a passport to nip between Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland to go to the shops.

Archived