Revirginisation on the NHS

So apparently this is being done on the NHS. Supposedly for physical/psychological reasons not cultural reasons. I don't believe this for a second as the psychological reasons seem to be a direct result of cultural pressures and I don't understand why there would be a physical reason??

I a unsure about whether I approve of this being done on the NHS. When I read the headline I knew exactly why it was being carried out-to prevent honour killings and abuse of women who were found out but their husbands after getting married. But surely the solution is not to revirginise, surely they should be offered protection from their families instead? They obviously don't want to live by the rules of their families and if they are that scared of the consequences of their actions an alternative life is better than an operation?

I saw this story in the Metro this morning, I knew there would be a thread about it on here as soon as I saw the word "Muslim"

Yes, I personally would use the word religious instead as the story said mostly muslim, no statistics were given and I am sure it would be wanted by many girls from other religious families.

However that doesn't change my opinion in any way. It should not be available on the NHS however as it might stop women being killed or assaulted I understand why it is, although I think we should be using a completely different tactic to deal with the problem.

Why don't these women just lie?

Most blokes can't tell the difference, so if a woman was to tell us she was a virgin we'd believe them.

On second thoughts don't answer that question. I don't want to know the gory details. You really have to despair of the XY mentality that demands this, and has constructed a brutal system to enforce it.

I've just noticed that on the front page of today's Metro there's an offensive cartoon by Rick Brookes on the subject. It also happens to be funny. It features a woman in a niqab, sat across the desk opposite a man that says, "the (virginity restoration) operation's reversible - and that's free of charge".

Most blokes can't tell the difference, so if a woman was to tell us she was a virgin we'd believe them.

On second thoughts don't answer that question. I don't want to know the gory details. You really have to despair of the XY mentality that demands this, and has constructed a brutal system to enforce it.

I've just noticed that on the front page of today's Metro there's an offensive cartoon by Rick Brookes on the subject. It also happens to be funny. It features a woman in a niqab, sat across the desk opposite a man that says, "the (virginity restoration) operation's reversible - and that's free of charge".

I apologise if I have this wrong but XY is man right? It seems to be the women that inflict this sort of thing on their children (Im thinking of female circumcision/foot binding). Im not sure it is mens fault, it seems to be perceived that the men want it but Im not sure there is proof of that!

According to newspaper reports it isn't that simple.

It seems the woman has to prove she is a virgin by showing the couple's parents the bloodstained bedsheets after their wedding night.

According to newspaper reports it isn't that simple.

It seems the woman has to prove she is a virgin by showing the couple's parents the bloodstained bedsheets after their wedding night.

I wonder what happens if she was a virgin hitherto, but didn't bleed; not everyone does. I suppose they'd assume she was untruthful about her chastity.

Archived