Revirginisation on the NHS

Of course, its not my tax dollar (or pound, rather) paying for it but I would have a problem with this in most circumstances. If a woman were raped, for example, or the victim of incest and it helped her in some way from a psychological standpoint, I could see the NHS covering it. Also, maybe a torn hymen from an accident (it does happen) but other than that, if a woman wants her virginity back, she should have to pay for it out of pocket.

why should the tax payer foot the bill for some slapper that wants to con her new lover and his family ?, honesty is the best policy ,other than that they should learn to keep their legs closed if it means so much to their cultural beliefs , which are a sham if they have to undergo the operation ....

Just sums up how crazy this country is at the moment.Does anyone know what sort of priority this treatment gets?.I know some treatments can take 18 months + due to low priority.but surely the woman having the op wont have this much time to play with?.

This is insane. I'm sorry but once it's gone, it's gone. All the operations in the world won't bring it back. And why marry a man (most of whom are hypocrites about this anyway, I don't care what religion they are) who insisted on this? Unless a woman is being forced into it by her family. And aren't there laws against that? :confused:

I just thought of something else. Just because someone is technically a virgin, doesn't mean that they haven't done, er, other things. If we can all think back to when we were teenagers. So this whole virginity business is no guarantee at all that a person has no sexual experience.

I think the phrase 'keeping her legs closed' must be one of the worst phrases in the English language. I always feel faintly sick when I read it and get a really bad impression of the person writing/saying it. In the interests of sexual equality 'keeping it in his trousers' is almost as bad. Sorry, I just felt impelled to post that comment :)

I also can't see the point of having genital surgery for such a spurious reason, wasting medical resources when there are seriously ill people needing attention.

Why not just draw them a little phial of blood from their own arm to smear about while the attention of the 'husband' is diverted. A lot cheaper and less time consuming.

I believe they used to use goat's blood in olden times :)

According to newspaper reports it isn't that simple.

It seems the woman has to prove she is a virgin by showing the couple's parents the bloodstained bedsheets after their wedding night.

Why not just put some Ketchup on the sheets ?:)

Archived