The bravery of giving birth

LOL aren't the inevitable set of photos that your mom gets out when you take a new boy/girlfriend home embarassing enough?

The ground would definately need to eat me whole if my mother produced a video of her giving birth to me :o Some things are best forgotten I think...

It's kind of funny if you think about it though. There's me, being born in slow motion, on a TV screen. I came from THAT. Every mother would be proud of that moment. I think it would be a wonderful gift that would keep on giving.

Even better if you could somehow strap a camera to the baby's head while it's coming down the vaginal passage or whatever you call it. The light! At the end of the tunnel!!!!! And.....pop/splat!

Like your sig quote btw!

Giving birth :gag: Just the first mention of it makes me want to faint. I'm obviously not a beautiful, incredible and brave woman, but who'd want to be when the end result is an ugly, bald little monkey? You do realise that pregnancy is all very well, childbirth ditto, but then (obviously) there's a BABY at the end of it, who will never, ever, EVER stop whinging and wanting stuff until you die, and even then they whine that you didn't earn enough for it's inheritance. God I cannot bear the thought of having a child. Simply cannot bear it. It's not brave epiph, it's moronic. I think you may be confusing the two. :hihi:

Giving birth :gag: Just the first mention of it makes me want to faint. I'm obviously not a beautiful, incredible and brave woman, but who'd want to be when the end result is an ugly, bald little monkey? You do realise that pregnancy is all very well, childbirth ditto, but then (obviously) there's a BABY at the end of it, who will never, ever, EVER stop whinging and wanting stuff until you die, and even then they whine that you didn't earn enough for it's inheritance. God I cannot bear the thought of having a child. Simply cannot bear it. It's not brave epiph, it's moronic. I think you may be confusing the two. :hihi:

All valid (and funneh :hihi:) points Merm, but surely you can at least still appreciate how amazing your own ma was to go through that process to give birth to her ugly, bald little monkey, who grew up to be a beautiful and intelligent adult human being.

All valid (and funneh :hihi:) points Merm, but surely you can at least still acknowledge how amazing your own ma was to go through that process to give birth to her ugly, bald little monkey, who grew up to be a beautiful and intelligent adult human being.

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: You're funny!

I'm not sure I was planned (not that I've been loved any less then if I was :) ) so once again, my mum wasn't brave, just a bit laxidasical with....in fact I'm not even going there. The thought is (almost!) worse then childbirth. :P

You can work the camera if you like.

The more I think about this, the more I think it's a genuinely good business idea. We film people's births, add a soundtrack or narration of their choosing and make it into a short film.

Ok, deal. I think we could even make the birth look like something from the Alien films :evil:

I look forward to the day I become a dad. I think it would top many of the great things I have done so far in life. I wouldn't want to give birth though and therefore my upmost respect goes out to ladies.

Archived