Aircon for cars..

i currently run a van that doesn't have air con.!

What i'm looking for is a portable unit that i can put in my van and run it on 12volt via the cig lighter.!

Other than changing van's which i don't want to do, this is the only thing i can think of to have aircon in the van.!

Any idea's would be welcome(apart from swapping van's)

regards

john t

You'll have to run the compressor from something - and a cigarette lighter socket won't do it ... furthermore, your existing alternator probably isn't going to be up to the job, either.

If the van is offered for sale elsewhere with an AC unit, you might be able to do a retro-fit (particularly if you can get hold of a unit from a scrapped vehicle) but you're looking at a a lot of time, effort and (probably) money.

i currently run a van that doesn't have air con.!

What i'm looking for is a portable unit that i can put in my van and run it on 12volt via the cig lighter.!

Other than changing van's which i don't want to do, this is the only thing i can think of to have aircon in the van.!

Any idea's would be welcome(apart from swapping van's)

regards

john t

I'm afraid that I can't see any cost effective way around this. The normal aircon really sucks on the power of the engine, you try having a 1600cc vehicle ticking over and then whack on the aircon full tilt, look what it does to the revs at the time.

Archived